Forum members BOATS

IMG_3549 (002).JPG

Had this for a about 4 years now really happy with it repowered it 1.5 years ago with a zuke 140. Lots of get up and go for this hull. Hard top is what I'm thinking for it next and keep the vinyl windows. Or selling it and upping to a seasport but that's a ways down the road I think :)

I've been meaning to post a proper picture in here for about 6 months now, so here's my tub, also known as the Popemobile. It's an old Fiberform with a custom cabin slapped on the front by the previous owners. Obviously doesnt compare to most of the gorgeous boats in here, but it catches fish (sometimes).

20160519_082018 (2).jpg

From south of the border. My 40 year old Mako 22. Pure old school and nothing in the way. T 9.9 for the real work.

upload_2016-6-3_19-21-22.png

upload_2016-6-3_19-22-20.png

upload_2016-6-3_19-22-48.png

This boat looks awesome now. Cant believe what you started with.

Hull was sound but it had a hard life over three previous owners. Now lives in a barn when not out on the water.

I stripped everything out, down to the last piece of wire and fuel hose. Found some real horror stories under the decks. Put in all new marine wiring and components. Total of 4 batteries. Patched screw holes for weeks. Primed and painted the floor and interior and decks.

Did I mention hours of work on the teak? Someone in the past smeared on spar varnish, a big no no with teak.

upload_2016-6-4_10-25-22.png

The Merc 200 runs strong but when it becomes tired I will buy a Yamaha 4 stroke to match the Yamaha T-9.9.

The Penn downriggers are first generation, not programmable. I have 4 of the later 835 programmable ones (the black guys) and I will replace the old gray boys with the 835's.

It is a fun boat here on the WA side of the Straits. I am set up for mooching, jigging, and downrigger trolling.

Now if we just had a halibut season and a salmon season to fish!!!!

I will be over on the B.C. side of the Straits in July.

Hull was sound but it had a hard life over three previous owners. Now lives in a barn when not out on the water.

I stripped everything out, down to the last piece of wire and fuel hose. Found some real horror stories under the decks. Put in all new marine wiring and components. Total of 4 batteries. Patched screw holes for weeks. Primed and painted the floor and interior and decks.

Did I mention hours of work on the teak? Someone in the past smeared on spar varnish, a big no no with teak.

View attachment 27950

The Merc 200 runs strong but when it becomes tired I will buy a Yamaha 4 stroke to match the Yamaha T-9.9.

The Penn downriggers are first generation, not programmable. I have 4 of the later 835 programmable ones (the black guys) and I will replace the old gray boys with the 835's.

It is a fun boat here on the WA side of the Straits. I am set up for mooching, jigging, and downrigger trolling.

Now if we just had a halibut season and a salmon season to fish!!!!

I will be over on the B.C. side of the Straits in July.

Good work on bringing her back to her former glory. You should have done a thread on your restoration!

Back