PAYPAL SCAM

AlK

I received the email below, supposedly from PayPal, with an attachment asking for information.

If you get such an email, DO NOT RESPOND OR EVEN OPEN THE ATTACHMENT.

THESE CHARACTERS ARE PHISHING FOR YOUR INFORMATION.

The advice from PayPal
If you think you received a fake email, forward it to spoof@paypal.com. Do not change the subject line and do not forward the message as an attachment. After you've forwarded the fake email, delete it from your inbox. We'll send you an email response to let you know if the email is indeed a fake. In the meantime, don't click on any links or download any attachments within the suspicious email.
================================================================================

Review your PayPal account limited statement
----------------------------------------------------------------
Dear PayPal Customer,

We understand it may be frustrating not to have full access to your PayPal account. We want to work with you to get your account back to normal as quickly as possible.
As part of our security measures, we regularly check the PayPal screen activity. We request information from you for the following reason:

Our system detected unusual charges to a credit card linked to your PayPal account.

Download the attached form to verify your Profile information and restore your account access. And make sure you enter the information accurately, and according to the formats required. Fill in all the required fields.

Thanks for joining the millions of people who rely on us to make secure financial transactions around the world.

Regards,

PayPal

Paypal will usually have a unique id number on the bottom of the email and also will never send a link but only tell you to log into your account to correct the issues

Nothing worse than thieves.. They should have their fingers cut off then SHOT and P&%D on!!!!!

Another one. I recently listed a boat for sale. Guy sent me a text wanting to buy a 20K boat sight unseen. Was going to pay by PayPal and send a transport rep to pick the boat up. When I said I wouldn't release the boat until the money was confirmed to be in my bank account. I never heard back.
Would have been a fraudulent payment notice obviously and then the boat is gone

There is that guy from revenue Canada "Ron smith". YOUR FRAUDULENT ON YOUR LAST TAXES. YOU NEED TO SEND US A CHEQUE IMMEDIATELY. THE RCMP ARE ISSUING A WARRANT TODAY.

Lol

There is that guy from revenue Canada "Ron smith". YOUR FRAUDULENT ON YOUR LAST TAXES. YOU NEED TO SEND US A CHEQUE IMMEDIATELY. THE RCMP ARE ISSUING A WARRANT TODAY.

Lol

Much like the gal on the news who had a guy call her saying the same, threatening to take her kids and asked for $3,000 in iTunes gift cards...and she did it!

I feel bad for her but also shake my head as to wondering how she thought it was legit?

Last edited:
There's a really simple rule of thumb for spotting a scam: be suspicious of anyone that contacts you, be it by phone, email or knocking at your door. Of course, plenty of these approaches are legitimate and it's easy to figure out, just contact the organisation yourself. Don't click any links, or reply to email, or purchase anything from the guy at the door. Do a quick online search and you'll soon see what's legit.

Back