2016 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

It's nice to see the new format, much better then the last one. Maybe next time someone will let us know the address has changed. No worries, word will get out.
Was out this morning for a few hours enjoying the sunshine and fishing. Not even one hit today, possibly a bit early for the season but had fun. Next time.

Was out yesterday afternoon for a couple hours on the humps, fish starting to show up. Kept 1, lost 1, and released one just undersized. Saw lots of fish caught beautiful flat calm day. Regular gear in the mud.

Great to see you out on the water BRS. Go slay em again. Still working on my tub trying to get her ready for the season. Itching to drop her in the water. For now living vicariously through my buds and their fishing exploits.

image.jpeg image.jpeg Hey Searun, hope your wife and family are well. My boat is in the water and ready to go anytime. I will send you my cell and text me anytime you want to go. The fish are finally starting to show up, went to Gerald and Douglas then over to Ballenas. Lots of hake or pollock or what're they are had to pay attention cause they don't hit hard and if you miss you're dragging it around toil you check your line. Finally wind died down and Bushy got a nice 12 pounder full of four inch herring. Planning a trip mid June in Bamfield at your buddy's place on the boardwalk, maybe we could get together to pick your brain about the area, I will buy. Talk soon I will post a pic of the fish and my Cabin Boy Bushy..........BRS

Nice report. You bet, I will be up in Bami that 3rd week in June. Let's stay in touch. Will send you my boat cell.

Out this morning pretty crappy morning weather wise. 5 to the boat but no keepers. 180ft Irish creme spoon.

Awesome report BRS. Jealous my boat is still in dry dock....be out there fishing soon hopefully.

Dog and I were out early this morning and fished until 8 or so. Landed 3 undersize and lost a couple. The wind was blowing a bit more then I would had liked but a nice day all the same. There was some sea lettuce floating around which caused a bit of grief but not too bad. I did have a problem with the clip release coming off before getting down too far for some reason but I changed to a different one and all was good. All fish caught on a green splatter back with green and silver flasher. Never had any reason to try anything else. Hopefully tomorrow we can get out for a bit longer.

Not as many fish today for me but did get one 8 pounder that was legal on a green splatter back hootchie. Caught in about 280' of water at about 220' lure depth. I had problems with the scotty line clips again not holding. I'm thinking I may have a couple that are not up to par and yes they are fairly new. No problems with older ones.
I did start out today using various spoons which only yielded nondesirable fish but one fellow said he was catching salmon like crazy with them. (He didn't have any in his boat though - ha, ha). I fished the hump to no avail and caught my one keeper pretty much in front of the marina. Nice friggen day to be out!

Launched at noon today for the 1st time since Herring jigging a month + ago. Fished off Dorcas Pt for a couple of hours. 1 chinook at 71 Cm, 1 undersize, long release on another & a grey cod. All on the line at 200' with a 4" green & white spoon over a dummy flasher.

Several fish at the dock as well

Good start to the season

Not as many fish today for me but did get one 8 pounder that was legal on a green splatter back hootchie. Caught in about 280' of water at about 220' lure depth. I had problems with the scotty line clips again not holding. I'm thinking I may have a couple that are not up to par and yes they are fairly new. No problems with older ones.
I did start out today using various spoons which only yielded nondesirable fish but one fellow said he was catching salmon like crazy with them. (He didn't have any in his boat though - ha, ha). I fished the hump to no avail and caught my one keeper pretty much in front of the marina. Nice friggen day to be out!

This may be a dumb question, but did you check the tension clip at the top of the clip?

Back