Big Thanks to forum member DOGBREATH

Brissy

Several months ago i wrote asking for advice fishing BC waters as i would be visiting from Australia in Mid september. Several forum members kindly offered advice on areas and techniques licenses etc which was greatly appreciated.
One member Carl aka DOGBREATH went a bit further and offered to meet me on the charter boat dock and loan me some salmon trolling spoons.
As promised the afternoon before we departed Carl came down to the boat and presented me with a veritable tackle kit including a dozen lures, swivels, paravanes and flashers, to top it off he also lent me a shimano center pin outfit to troll with, to say i was humbled by his generosity to a complete stranger would be an understatement but proved somewhat typical of the many people we met whilst travelling in BC.
I hope Carl makes it further than Fiji on his next travels as it would be a pleasure to treat him to a few days fishing here locally.
I did manage to catch a couple of Pinks and a nice Ling which were all new experiences for me, cant wait to visit BC again.
Cheers
Brissy

Great Story,
good on ya Carl!

Thanks for the accolades but it's nothing more than anyone here would have done-the boat was close by and we all own more gear than we know what to do with. :rolleyes:

Having travelled quite a bit and working in tourism means that no one is a stranger to me and I'm glad to see once again that a fisherman can go anywhere, catch a fish & feed himself a fine dinner-Good On Ya!

Back