Called sherwood only have Titan silver clad
Called road runner same
Called highliner stainless only
Called jb auto/marine again titian
My understanding is silver clad is crap compared to the
Decromate finish.
With the dollar at 70 or so cents the us is the last option
Anyone got one or know of

I bought 2 Titan callipers after looking for Kodiaks and gave up. Two of my four Kodiaks seized after 2 years so was willing to go for the cheapest option if they don't last. The original callipers on the Shorlandr lasted 8-9 years before 1 seized. They were UFP parts.

Got a price one the titian 107
Not really that cheap
Hate seeing the kodiaks in the US for 50 bucks
Stainless from highliner was 400
Damn that exchange rate.

Just bit the bullet and ordered my DBC-250's online in US. $83.32 per caliper which included brake pads. Slightly better units because they are treated as opposed to cheaper version which were not treated. Fortunately they last about 6 to 8 years before needing replacement. Mine were new on the trailer in 2008 so not horrible lifespan.

Pacific axle in Langley has the Kodiaks in SS as well.
mine were about 200 a pop

Pacific axel
stainless 379
Dacromat finish 179
That's the first place that even sales the dacromate

Last edited by a moderator:
is that dacromat price (179) for each or for a pair?

if that's each I might be able to save you a few bucks and the tax if you're looking for kodiak 225's. not sure which ones you're looking for though.

I have 225 dacromate coated. 103 doesn't sound like a bad price now... considering the exchange... if they were 179 I would have given you a pretty good discount but don't think I can beat the 103... that's probably about what I paid for them last year. I have them handy just as spares.
I would think 225's would be more then enough braking power for a 23 hourston. Also be careful if going kodiak to make sure you get the older style 225's. there was a bad run of 225's a year and a half ago or so that had thin castings. I broke 2 of them on 2 separate trips. it was confirmed they were thinner castings by kodiak on a newer style. cost me a lot of grief, money, and downtime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the info guys
Order placed via pacific trailer
225 dacromate was 113 each
225,s in Stainless 310
Cheers

Just got the shipping info for the 250's I ordered, and shipping included it works out to $142.03 each CAD funds. So not a screaming deal, but better than Pacific Trailer at $179 each plus shipping.

Just ordered 5 Kodiak 225 DAC calipers and 12 of my favourite Lubrimatic grease from Eastern Marine.
Calipers are $68.95ea US, grease is $4.95 per 14oz tube.
Freight was $61, delivered to Blaine.
They also sell the caliper rebuild kits too.

Back