WTB: Cheap Yamaha T8 with power tilt. Blown motor?

Go.Fish

My 2004 T8 has a busted power tilt unit so looking for someone that may have one with a blown engine or some sort of damage they would like to sell that has a working power tilt unit?

Or even 9.9 should do, I dont quite know what models have interchangeable power tilt units...

Please PM if you do, thanks!

What's busted the hydraulic ram? My tilt went and it was the electric motor that I replaced for less then $100 off of ebay. You might want to post an ad on usedvictoria there are a few engine guys with Yami parts who are always on that.
Thanks for the advice, I just posted a wanted ad on there....
The part I need is the rectangular block in between the electric motor and the hydraulic ram. The housing cracked and saltwater got inside and ate away some bits and pieces. Looking at the parts diagram to order what exactly is needed is really confusing. It looks like if I order just what I need it's about 90% of what it costs to buy the whole unit. I figure someone must have a blown motor around somewhere that's too costly to fix :)

The original power tilt on my 2008 Yammie failed last year. Got a Yammie replacement, it failed in 10 months. NO WARRANTY, even though it was replaced at a long time marine business. I even had the entire circuit tested to make sure there were no underlying problems. It seems Yamaha has a "tail light" warranty policy on some parts. The excuses they gave me for no warranty were laughable. Just another example of "service" in the marine industry. So much for my 30 years of brand loyalty.

^^^ ouch! They should at least offer a 1 year warranty on something OEM. It's too bad the replacement cost of this engine is so high, hard to just let it sit broken when I have a need for it.
Anyway, if someone has one here please do chime in. Otherwise it looks like I'll be ordering new from a U.S. Online retailer. Checkpoint marine wants over $200 more plus tax. I would try the hull truth but looks like you need a membership to post anything on there.

I would still try joining the hull truth... (free) and just post your symptoms. you don't have to come out and say that you want to purchase the part, but maybe start off with stating what has happened, has anyone else had that problem and what did they do to resolve it? try to get the conversation going. someone may pm you and have something to sell... you never know. at least it will get lots of views over there.

^ just posted on both those forums, thanks again. If I don't get an offer for a used unit with the next few days I'll just buy a new one... There goes the wife's Christmas present... JK :)

Back