1974 Zeta for sale in Powell River, BC.

AMGSiR

1980 Zeta for sale in Powell River, BC.

'80 ZETA 24' 350 /Volvo inboard/outboard, on Highliner bunk trailer. Well maintained $5000

25'8" from the point of the bow to the back of the kicker.
8'6" beam

Compiling the pictures and details into the top thread for ease of viewing. Sorry this thread was such a cluster...

Due to the unfortunate and sudden passing of my father, I have a boat for sale. It was last on the water last season out for a tour of Powell Lake, and as per usual ran like an absolute top.

It is an open top design, with the frame and fabric cover intact and in reasonable shape. The boat also has a secondary cover for storage which did have one small rip but is otherwise in good condition.

The motor is a SBC350 that had the top end apart about 10 years ago and had a set of SBC camel hump corvette heads installed for a little more power. (I work in the auto industry).
Hour meter says 926 hours.

I climbed into the boat just now and once i figured out how the battery switch works checked to see if it cranks.

Low voltage, but enough to turn it over. No hesitation, no weird noises. It cranked slow due to the voltage of the batteries, but it cranks fine. Even showed 40 psi of oil pressure. It didn't fire, but i'm not sure how the chock mechanism works, so that could be user error!

I don't really know a ton of details. The boat did have a large aluminum radar mast installed as well as a radar system for off shore fishing off the west coast of Vancouver Island.

I'm not a boat person, but any questions I can likely find the answer to if I don't know.

Thanks!

sYjqZzA.jpg

URv66UN.jpg

0MbeqxK.jpg

sYjqZzA.jpg

2bbQmux.jpg

CyA5tVT.jpg

t4UKi7F.jpg

HFysFu0.jpg

7Q6u6M9.jpg

UwAS5pF.jpg

yWFQVUt.jpg

w3Skm4F.jpg

00zbegC.jpg

XScCIhW.jpg

bURIw7F.jpg

n9nQYbd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
might want to post a price and pics there will def help with the sale :) and its part of the forum rules as well..

had a 19.5 Zeta

solid heavy laid up boat well built
and ride well

with a re-power will last someone another life time

being up coast will hinder the sale but if you could get it to the mainland
it will sell as the price is more than fair

good luck with the sale

For the 5k price id love to see the rest of the pics of the boat, and also if it has any fishing gear on it like downriggers etc.

also folks don't be put off by the age
the hull on the bottom is over 3/4" laid glass

and the 24 cuddy is quite rare and an ideal fishing platform

may even look at her myself

I would be all over it if I didnt just buy my new to me 17.5' :( its a good deal looks like so far.. but more pics and actual visual look over would be the deciding factor

nice and clean boat and good price, wish I could snag this up. Its kinda odd the Vac Advance on the dizzy is not connected lol.

I was told that distributors with vacuum advance are not USCG approved because it may provide an ignition source when the engine back fires. Maybe wrong but I haven’t seen a vacuum advance distributor that is USCG approved.

or hes cranked the mech adv up to build more power would have to put a light on it and run it and see how many deg of adv it has right now lol

The biggest thing you need for a marine approved distributor is explosion proofing. In general manufacturers make these devices explosion proof by eliminating the vent in the cap, controlling all gaps (both in the distributor body and between the body and cap.. newer designs rarely use a gasket but have a tested interface that usually involves steps to eliminate line of sight openings) and then a controlled vent with a fine wire mesh is sometimes added to the body of the dist.. possibly in the location where the vacuum advance mechanism penetrates the body on the automotive version. Again this all varies; my assumption is that each of the designs is then tested by an independent body to a specific standard. I would say that is why it is capped off. Still a automotive distributor though.

Last edited by a moderator:
well spoke with the owner super nice guy
may go look at her
if she doe's not sell straight away
as i may have to take a long trip and drive to powell river
not forgetting to put some money in the back pocket .....lol

and check on the overall length for my moorage slip...

That is one handsome boat, love the lines. Doesn't suit my needs at present but someone will get a deal on this one.

zeta is a great boat made by the same guys as sangster 24 would be perfect size for west coast lots of hand laid glass heavy built rough water boat

Back