Attaching spreader bar to main line.

Pippen

What knots are you guys using?

Anyone use quick release type clips or just tie straight on to the swivel?

Quick release work great just make sure its a strong one in good shape. I prefer the scissor style for strength. Haven't had one break yet - but I haven't hooked into any true barn doors either.

I use a Palomar knot too the swivel. If we are talking Braid.

I use a Palomar knot too the swivel. If we are talking Braid.

Yup.....braid.

Thanks guys.....I was kind of thinking Palomar as well but wasn't sure if anyone used the snaps like below....the name always escapes me (also having a mind fart) as I know a few people refer to them by different names. :eek:

161250633_Fishing_tackle_accessories_Fishing_Snap_Hawaii_Snap_240.jpg

Actually to be exact I tie the Braid with the Palomar to a swivel with a large clip similar to what you show in pic then clip to swivel on spreader. I also will use the large spiral type of clip.

Yup.....braid.

Thanks guys.....I was kind of thinking Palomar as well but wasn't sure if anyone used the snaps like below....the name always escapes me (also having a mind fart) as I know a few people refer to them by different names. :eek:

161250633_Fishing_tackle_accessories_Fishing_Snap_Hawaii_Snap_240.jpg

Believe the ones I have are called "Berkly's"

The pictured clip is what I call a scissor clip so your on the right track.

As others have said palomar knot to a strong swivel, then add the 'scissor' clip you pictured above and your good to go!

Im with Westcap. Braid and Palomar to big coastlock, any sort of spin on spreader is gone. Easy and quick to change rigs.

HM

Thanks guys. I have a buddy who swears by just tying straight on to the spreader bar but he didn't really have a logic to it.

I like the idea of one of the coastal clips....or McMahon just for ease but just didn't know if anyone had a logical reason for tying on every time. ;)

Thanks guys. I have a buddy who swears by just tying straight on to the spreader bar but he didn't really have a logic to it.

I like the idea of one of the coastal clips....or McMahon just for ease but just didn't know if anyone had a logical reason for tying on every time. ;)
Logic I can think of is that you would be tying a fresh knot on and probably stripping off the last few feet of braid every time you set up and tie on. I am too lazy for that (my heart is never really into Halifishing), so I use really big snap swivels (100 lb test) If I break that on a fish, I would be scared to bring it to the surface anyways............

I've lost a couple 15lb canon balls to a Palomar knot on my 150lb power pro braid. Since switching to the Uni knot I have not lost one. My preference.

Cheers, Rob

Good quality Coastlock Snap/Swivel. Braid attached with Palomar knot. I have 80 lb braid on my reels but have debated using 60 lb. I'm thinking there may be less drag and blow back when I'm anchored up. Sorry if I hijacked this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back