Marine Insurance Query

stephennicholls531

Ok - I've just about got my 17.5 Double Eagle rebuild ready for the water, and I was wondering which Marine Insurance Provider on Vancouver Island is used by the majority of forum members...

Use the "search" feature in the upper right hand corner of this page. The topic has been worked over, and has some good info

Go to Christie Phoenix in Saanich. They have a discount policy for SVIAC members that covers you for up to 25 miles offshore if you like to fish the banks. I saved over $150 over my old Beacon policy there.

I just got my marine policy renewed through Coastal Community Insurance. They have an exclusive program through Pacific Marine which includes:
$10,000 Personal Effects at replacement cost
$5000 Towing
$5000 Search & Rescue
$2500 Loss of Use
It covers boats up to 35 feet and 235HP and is based on agreed value, not depreciated value.
They have offices all over the island from Victoria to Port Hardy and they really know their stuff.
I previously had a Beacon policy. My Pacific Marine policy was similar in price, but I got way more coverage.

Yes, I'll second the Pacific Marine coverage through Coastal Community Insurance. The agreed value is a very straightforward process. Been with them since i bought the boat new in 2008.

I have always used Beacon. Only one claim so far with many years of being insured. They were there for me. One of the main reasons I have stayed with them is that you are covered for way offshore (i.e. tuna fishing and with the policy I have).

I would like to say good on you for getting marine insurance. It still surprise's me to date how many people I talk to that don't have any!!!

Go to Christie Phoenix in Saanich. They have a discount policy for SVIAC members that covers you for up to 25 miles offshore if you like to fish the banks. I saved over $150 over my old Beacon policy there.

X2

Went with CP last year for my new Thunderjet. Best rates and best policy by far.

Franko

MILF (Man, I Love Fishing)

Back