Keeping plastic/vinyl windows clean

chadr

I have plastic side windows in my 19ft smokercraft, I always do my best to make sure that they are clean and dry before I put them away. They seem to be developing a bit of a haze that I can't get rid of. Just wondering if anyone had any tips on cleaning products or anything I could do to try to get them completely clear again. Thanks for any tips

I use plexus on my isinglass on the grady, it is the best and easiest that ive found, makes it like new, spray on and polish off, removes all the haze and small scratches too
Available at mist marine stores and motorcycle shops as well as they use it on visors and plastic windshields
The stuff is awesome

Sent from my rotary phone using tapacrap!

I use pledge works great with a micro fiber towel. Never use paper towel on vinyl windows or any product with ammonia like windex. If your windows are in bad shape u can polish them with a car polisher and It pretty neat how good they look after it. You can YouTube it

I with Jac, pledge. Use the regular unscented, spray it on wipe it off till dry. You tube it, there was a jeep window with complete yellow haze. They came out clear

there is a special cleaner for it which puts oils back in ill take a picture of it for you as i was told bu the guy who did my false bulkhead /window dont use anything else as its dries it out and cracks it and thats why you see badly faded and cloudy windows.

Dollar store pledge clone and flannel rag. Six years and the plastic side windows look great. Boat is stored indoors. I wonder how much of the plastic deterioration Wolf mentioned is due to year round UV exposure.

should make this post a sticky as all of us that run vinyl windows love this info!!! ill be trying some of these ideas on my Glasscraft windows! cheers boys!

Rain x is also hard on plastic window so I would avoid that and it's not really needed anyways. Fresh water is the key you don't want to grind salt or dirt and into the window when cleaning. And the lemon pledge smells good so that's a bonus.

Tried pledge, fritz, auto polish, but had the best results bringing my plastic back with plexus. It not only removed most light scratches but seemed to make the plastic more flexable with a cyrstal shine.

Back