Aftermarket Power Trim for Kicker

Hello all. Boat is almost done and ready to go. New pod. Main motor installed. But...... my kicker doesn't have power tilt and it's a real hassel leaning over the back to tilt my kicker up and down. Does anyone run a/m power kicker tilt? I've been reading about the Panther model 35/40 and it looks good. Let me know. Also where you bought please.

Thanks Wolf, I called Cabelas locally and was informed I would need to order from the US. I was hoping I can get it from a local dealer.

They are available locally. Got mine from Trotac in Victoria about 5 years ago. Never had any problems with it but did add a couple of small zincs to it (one on the lift part of it and one on the mount part ) as both parts of the unit were partially below the water line on the Al pod.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys this is interesting as the Fulton piece of garbage I have sucks..A replacement is 300 plus and I am not 100% on the fixed mount type. A couple of hundred more I get the lift.

Yes a bit pricey but ever price out a yammy one about 800 plus as well ..BUT the good thing about the CMC you can put any motor on it. and like I said first one lasted 9 years without ANY grief.(cant say that about the yammmy ones corossion issues) back then they were just a bit over 500 hundred so at almost 50 bucks a year for me not to slip and yank my back out VERY CHEAP investment.
I bet that thing was used about 2000 times plus in its life span not too bad

I agree Wolf, I'm not leaning over the back to tilt up a kicker when it gets rough. 9 years is a long time with how much you use your boat. I'll keep everyone posted with what I go with.

Something to consider from personal experience; if you put a manual tilt motor on a CMC lift way out the back on a pod with difficult access, don’t forget to maintain/repair/ lube and use the manual tilt system from time to time to keep it from corroding/freezing up solid should you ever need the manual lift or want to sell the motor. The CMC lift is reliable but anything can fail and you don’t want your kicker frozen in the down position when you want to use the main to escape bad weather or pull the boat out on a ramp should the CMC lift fail.

Lift/tilt redundancy is a good thing and once you have the CMC power lift motor mount it is easy to forget about maintaining the manual tilt system, especially if you keep your boat in a marina.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said Rockfish, Just ordered my Panther Model 40 from Amazon.ca for $714.00 after tax and freight. Will be here next week. :)

Something to consider from personal experience; if you put a manual tilt motor on a CMC lift way out the back on a pod with difficult access, don’t forget to maintain/repair/ lube and use the manual tilt system from time to time to keep it from corroding/freezing up solid should you ever need the manual lift or want to sell the motor. The CMC lift is reliable but anything can fail and you don’t want your kicker frozen in the down position when you want to use the main to escape bad weather or pull the boat out on a ramp should the CMC lift fail.

Lift/tilt redundancy is a good thing and once you have the CMC power lift motor mount it is easy to forget about maintaining the manual tilt system, especially if you keep your boat in a marina.

Back