Alberni Inlet 2015

Nothing bionic but not hard to catch our limit at China Creek this morning. Lots of jumpers to tease us too:) There is some colour in a few, hope they slide up with the rain.

Hello,

Just wondering if the bite is only early morning or is it carrying on through out the day.
Thx Scott

I have found the hard hitting bite starts about 530-600am and goes until 1100am, fish can still be caught throughout the day and into the evening but the catch per effort steadily declines to almost nothing at dark.

Out around 7am and worked hard for a limit of 8. We lost a bunch and had trouble hooking them at times so only had a few by noon. Then we found some schools in the afternoon and had some better luck to get our limit. Fun times and great looking fish.
Thanks for the reports and info on here.

Limits still possible with a moderate effort, at anytime of day.
Locations anywhere between Hocking and Lone Tree.
We were hitting them as deep as 150' last evening.
Speeds have been faster than usual this year, but most hits come after a speed change - work the throttle on your kicker.
Leader lengths not a factor, nor were colours of terminal gear.
The occasional one was colouring up a bit, but it has been that way since early June.

I was out yesterday and we had our best success fishing between 75-85ft. Had a friend go out today he told me he was down as deep as 105.

Out this morning and limited right at China Creek. Started fishing 100' out in front of the marina and made a few passes up towards Port and were done. Fish from 40' right down to 110'.

Best sockeye year

IMG_1957.jpgFish are at all depths but the biters are mostly deep this year... yesterday best at 120 ft. I never fished this deep for sockeye. Quite a few fish with open sores on skin. Sea lice I think. Still a small percentage of big fat silver ones. The fish are generally skinny this year. One of the greatest sockeye catch years ever.

Back