1915 Model T Hot Rod

BearCove

Crew Member
Hey Guys,

Will be dragging my wife's 1915 Model T from Port Hardy to Victoria tomorrow. The car it's self is in fantastic shape and has been kept inside for the last 10 or so years. It has been driven on and off during that time but not much at all over the last 3-4 years.

I have started and had it running many times just to keep things lubed but it does need a bit of a tune up by someone in the know. It has a 4.3 ltr V-6 Mustang engine in it, that has very low hours since being rebuilt and put in the car.

So, I am looking for someone on here that may be interested in having a look or may be able to recommend someone. It will at my house in the garage in View Royal near Highland Pacific golf course.

Of course I am willing to pay whoever comes, or possibly trade for some nights at the cottages or some fishing.

Would like to get it running as soon as possible as it is the centennial year for this car and was built by my wife's father before he past in a fatal plane crash. Would mean a lot to her and her family to get this car on the road again in his memory.

Thanks in advance guys for any help with this.

Cheers

Wade

Not lots to do on the car, just a tune on the engine . Pretty much everything is new on it. Not all original parts, power steering, disk brakes, things like that.

I'm just not that great of an engine guy

Will post pictures tmr when loading it up

Cheers

Car made it safely to the garage in Victoria, now to get working on it. I will be doing the basics, draining gas, filters, plugs that sort of stuff.

Any info on other things I may want to do or check before firing it up would be great.

Still looking for interested parties that may want to come over and have a look.

Will post some pictures later today

Also found a place in Shawnigan Lake that rents flat deck trailers if ever anyone is need, $50 a day plus deposit.

Cheers

Get a bottle of mercy quick clean and add it to the gas, I do this with all my engines(lawnmower, weed eater cars ...)Does wonders and is cheap and easy

After long storage we have got normal operating oil pressure through the engine without firing it. We also sprayed penetrating oil on the valve stems and after a couple day soak rolled the motor over by hand and watched to make sure all the valves were free. This was for an engine that sat for 14 years.

Back