Hours on a 115 4 stroke Yammy

Chero

My son-in-law is looking to purchase a used 2005 115 Yammy 4 stroke with about 1100 hundred hours on it. Asking price is 5000.00, comes with controls and prop mostly run in fresh water. Would you consider this a fair price. I believe the printout is roughly half trolling hrs.
Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks for you help.

I run a 2006 90 yamaha, similar amount of hours, I've taken really good care of it and it runs great, hoping to get twice the hours on it. Also I troll with it so lots of hours for that.

5 seems a bit high but you can offer less

Hi Chero,

I have been using the F115 Yami's since 2006, usually buy about 10-12 per year (I have new power on the boats every year), although I still have a couple of spares from the 2007 batch. Having 1100 hrs on that engine is not much at all, especially when it is used a good portion of its life as a trolling motor. A couple of questions you should ask about it, what sized boat was it from and how much weight it was pushing, what was the engine used for primarily (fishing, cruising, ski, etc) and was the maintenance done regularly. Are you buying from a dealer and will they be hanging it for you for the $5K?

I bought a couple of boats last year with twin F90's on them, 2004 models. These engines were maintained regularly, run at 4400-4600 rpm, and rotated for trolling. One set has 3700 hrs and the other about 2700 hrs, the only issues is that two of the gear cases have gone since they were put on the boats in 2004. Replaced one in 2013 and the other went at 3700 hrs at the end of summer this year. Pretty good engine life:) I will be replacing these with F115's this year.

Over all, been extremely happy with the Yamaha's, good strong gear-cases on the F115's and not too hard on fuel compared to the F150.

Regards,

Fishyboy

1100 hrs for a ten yr old engine... too low to be off a guide boat, but not real high. Worth checking out a little more as fishyboy says.

Asking too much money IMHO.

leased Lodge returned 115's---1 or 2 90 day seasons if that are selling for $6500-7000.

Get on it in the fall and you can get the ones with 200-400 hours on them.

The Freshwater Part is probably most crucial.
I bought a 2006 Yammy 50 4 stroke(privately), and it had roughly 900 hours, I've put 50 hours on it (cruising hours) in the last month or so, and she purrs like a kitten. A touch too small for my boat, so I'm thinking of going up to 70...

The Price is a tiny bit high, but I think it seems reasonable.

Thanks for the feedback guys, he has picked it up for 4500. I hope it turns out ok as it seems a little high for a 10 year old motor.

Back