2015 Silva Bay Derby

Here are a couple of fishing bleeding/gutting troughs we whipped up today to donate to the derby.

The come with some flexible mounts. Either fixed or rail mount. The Scotty mount on the trough is a fishfinder mount that has a solid bolt through it.

Most important of all........:).

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to participate in the derby. You folks have a great time and good luck :cool:.

Cheers,
Sculpin

Those look great .. Another killer donation from the Sculpin.. Impressive bud ! , waiting to hear a derby recap, biggest salmon?, how many fish weighed in?
And the question on everyones mind... Who won that beautiful sounder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to all those who braved the high winds and participated in the Silva Bay Derby. Fishing was tough but we still managed to have fun and raise some funds for the Nanaimo River Community Fish Hatchery.

We had 103 chinook entered
1 coho
12 ling
12 bottom fish

Largest chinook and winner of the 9.9 Yamaha motor from Parker Marine was Al Sherk 23.39 lbs
Larry Berkholt won the draw for the Lowrance Sounder from Harbour Chandler
2nd largest chinook was Jerry Moore 22.75
Third largest was Oliver Schmeler 21.93
Largest Coho was Nelson Chicken Legs 3.19
Largest bottom fish was Jim Wheatley 7.91
Largest ling without going over 15 lbs was Sabrina Meyer 14.92

There were no halibut caught this year.
We managed to boat a good number of fish during the weekend with our largest being 18.27. That was good for 17th. place. You needed an 18 pounder just to be in the top 20.

Some pics of the turn out. Lot's of great prizes, burgers, drinks, and good people doing good things. Congrats on another successful derby.

First time participating for us this year. We had some fuel issues on Saturday but my son managed a 12.5 lber during our evening fish with Tidal Chaos after we got the boat worked out. That cheered us up quite a bit along with the gorgeous sunset and bs'ing with TC. Took in the prize ceremonies today and chatted with quite a few nice folks. It was nice to put some faces to names of some members from this forum.

I think we will give er a whirl again next year :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Clyde and all the organizers and sponsors. Great derby and we enjoyed ourselves despite the rougher waters. Wish we coulda fished Sunday.

Looking forward to 2016 and meeting a few more members in person as well!

I see we are just a couple months away from the typical Siva Bay Derby dates. Is there any information posted for this years event?

TL22

Back