Espar Diesel Heater

Ok...... Does new fuel line dirty fuel? I have brand new fuel line in kerosene and it had discoloured the fuel

Here is a fresh bottle and the bottle I just removed. Is this normal? Is it just cause it's new? Maybe it is just noticeable cause it's a clear fuel.

View attachment 16726
Anyone.........Hello....... Is the inside of the fuel line different from the outside of the line. Can fuel line not be put directly into a fuel tank? Do I have to make a separate pickup and attach the fuel line to it? Or is this just because it's new and something came off the line it's self. I just don't want to be running broken down rubber into my new heater

Marine grade fuel line is made to be able to sit in a bilge and not brake down. Went to my mechanics this morning as well as the marine store, international plastics and Lordco. I got some samples and ideas as even a couple of them were mistafied by this.

Anyone.........Hello....... Is the inside of the fuel line different from the outside of the line. Can fuel line not be put directly into a fuel tank? Do I have to make a separate pickup and attach the fuel line to it? Or is this just because it's new and something came off the line it's self. I just don't want to be running broken down rubber into my new heater
Don't know the specific answer to your question but I know on my Wallace diesel/kerosene stove there is a goldstone filter on the end of a solid pickup and the fuel line doesn't start til out of the 1 gal plastic fuel tank.

I burn kerosene and it does not discolour in the OEM fuel container--the fuel line is small diameter (OD maybe 1/8 or 3/16ths) clear semi-rigid tubing that is a straight run from the goldstone filter through a hole on the screwcap on the container up to the pump. Same tubing runs from the pump to the unit. The screwcap has another fitting beside the hole for the fuel line which acts as as a vent. It has a piece of clear vinyl tubing attached and runs down the side of the fuel container on the outside

Don't know the specific answer to your question but I know on my Wallace diesel/kerosene stove there is a goldstone filter on the end of a solid pickup and the fuel line doesn't start til out of the 1 gal plastic fuel tank.
Yup me too.

Try wiping the outside of the hose with a white rag soaked in kerosene. See if any black comes off. I am thinking it will.

Back