Silver Streak

Bifmalibu

I am looking at 18' Silver Streak Hard tops and I am in love with them, but not the price. I'm wondering if any members here have one and how their experiences have been? Also is the rear door necessary on a boat this size? Please post photos I may drool over....cheers!

I looked at those boats and they are very nice. But in the end I couldn't justify the cost and bought a more mass produced "value" type boat. A alloy 18 foot hard top with a bracket engine mount and a diesel heater makes a great all weather fishing boat for 2 anglers. I am very happy with that set up. If you beach the boat a lot like I do make sure too get a door too the bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too bad they don't make these boats in the full width of 8'5" or close. I can't find anything on the market as such. Maybe it is just to wide for the length.
That extra 1.5 feet of with makes a huge difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought silverstreakboats were pretty beamy the 18' has a 7' bottom the sides are more straight up and down vs Flaired out production boats

I have a 2001 18' center console model and it has very close to an 8' beam. I think going wider in a 18' boat would adversely impact its handling and seakeeping abilities. I bought it used 5 years ago and got a great deal. The boat is very well constructed and very Seaworthy in my opinion. The high cost of new ones is being driven by the high cost of aluminum and demand for welded aluminum craft. My advice would be to look for a well kept used one at a reasonable cost. Goodluck.0823090729.jpg

IMRINC you wouldn't have a couple of pictures of the aft bulkhead door would you? I was thinking of having one installed on mine.

Thanks

Back