what batteries to get???

That's the one I originally wanted 2 boats ago and they talked me into the promite as they said it was more waterproof for my application (mounted in the rear bilge area)and completely sealed in gel,
was happy with it and bought the same for the Grady, but you are correct they both do the exact same thing,
Albernifisher they make them in a single, double and triple bank chargers depending on how many batteries your running,
best deal I found was here and the ship if you like, they are in Richmond http://federalbattery.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
How's the cabinet coming?

You have an alloy tank and an alloy battery cabinet. Can we call her 1/8 alloy :).

You do awesome work man. I can't wait to see her when she is done :cool:.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do realize there are only a few facilties that actually make batteries. I believe the biggest being Johnson Battries whom makes most of them. Many places just put their own label on them. Johnson makes Interstate, energizer, Costco and 100's of others.

Its worth Googling..... Want me to do it for you? LOL Do it yourself :) Lol

Your are exactly correct Fish Assassin! Buy where you are getting the best balance between price and service.

Went to harbour chandler, checked out the interstate starting battery. Group 27, 800 cca. They said interstate batteries are only a 1 year warranty now??? was $150. Anyone know what batteries at Costco cost for a group 27, starting? Don't have a Costco card...

Went to harbour chandler, checked out the interstate starting battery. Group 27, 800 cca. They said interstate batteries are only a 1 year warranty now??? was $150. Anyone know what batteries at Costco cost for a group 27, starting? Don't have a Costco card...

Seem to remember it was $99.00.. but cant fully recall....

Interstate from Harbour Chandler. Reasonable pricing (no you don't have to be rich lol) and great warranty. If you have a problem with one take it back and they will deal with it. I have never had a problem with one :).

I don't know what the costco batteries cost but if we're talking 20-30 dollars difference over let's say a 5 year investment......its worth it IMHO.

Not sure about Costco in Canada but the Bellingham Costco only sells Interstate now not their own Kirkland branded ones. Same low price though. Think $85 for a group 27 deep cycle battery.

I've had good luck with Deka Intimidator AGM's in my vehicles, got a couple for my project boat. They won't be the cheapest option out there though, peace of mind is worth a few extra $$. I've bought them directly from the guy who delivers them around the island.

Optima blue tops!! mount anywhere no maintenance!! HC can get them in for you, about the same price as interstates but will last longer, and not having to crawl into your battery compartment and fill them up with distilled water! worth it!

If your waning batteries Lordco has the tradeshow prices coming up April 1st major discounts on battery's

I was quote 70 or 80 for the delco once the show is on. Also I thnk the optima were 199 last year for trade show. This is what the guy told me but maybe he is off on his numbers. I'm buying a few batteries for my camper so just been looking around

Well, if you want the BEST battery -- get a Lithium Polymer battery. Not cheap, but it will likely be the last battery you'll ever install on the boat. It's a very interesting technology -- can fully charge in 1 hour as it can take almost the full load off the charging source for the full duration (most batteries have to taper). 2000+ full discharge cycles.

http://www.powerandmotoryacht.com/refit-and-upgrade/lowdown-lithium-batteries

Well, if you want the BEST battery -- get a Lithium Polymer battery. Not cheap, but it will likely be the last battery you'll ever install on the boat. It's a very interesting technology -- can fully charge in 1 hour as it can take almost the full load off the charging source for the full duration (most batteries have to taper). 2000+ full discharge cycles.

http://www.powerandmotoryacht.com/refit-and-upgrade/lowdown-lithium-batteries

Yea, they're REAL GOOD batteries... but for $5900 US, they better be!!! [emoji79]

Its not as easy as just switching them out for regular lead acid/AGM batteries either...

Rick

Reluctantly sent from my iPhoney using this crappy Tapatalk app... [emoji37]

Back