2015 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Barrie Seafever has the right image for the T - Rex hoochie/squirt.
Last time I was in Trotac they had some in stock. I have done well in Victoria with both on coho
and winter springs. Haven't tried for mature springs with them.

...Rob

PNT is the only place I ever seem to find them.......

Angelo used to get all his hoochies from PNT and simply rename them to his liking.

The Daveroo #189 post pic is OG152R hoochy...

It is mentioned on this I-Fish thread (scroll down)...

http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t=112236&highlight=commercial+rigged+herring

T-Rex hoochy is made by Yozuri...pic below..

attachment.php

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 2,661
Last edited by a moderator:
Got back from our annual bamfield trip atthe beam with 2 buddies. We usually go up the 3rd week of june but this year we thought we'd give a July slot a shot. Pretty windy so we were forced to stay inside for the most part. Scratched or way around and fished the usual spots of the wall pill pt. Kirby etc.. first couple days we just found a few fish putting in long hours. After talking to a few guys who had a good night bite at Kirby we headed there the next morning. It went off then. Got 4 springs all cookie cutters about 14lbs and a few hoes.lost a couple but was atle ast steady action Tried there in the evening and bite was slower. Again talked to some guys at the dock and they had found some great spring action near beale so that was our next spot. It went off 2. Non stop spring action fishing amongst the whales. I was playing a big spring when a whale surfaced 8ft from the boat. Awesome experience.had to pack up next day so we thought we'd try for Sox on our way down the inlet. Pulled a couple out and headed home. Great trip with the boys. Ended with 10 springs 4 hoes and 4 Sox. Not our limit allowed but plenty for the freezer. Now it's back to van to fight thru pinks looking for springs. Thanks to the staff at seabeam and all the guests there for making it a great trip

Good report Morganic

I am heading up this weekend so info your is helpful.I know it can all change in a few days but its allways good to hear that you moved about and were able to get on fish

Chovies or lure of choice?

Fishing has been picking up in the sound over the last 4 days. Kirby, Effingham/Cree, and sections along the Wall have all been producing good number of springs anywhere from 10-24lbs. Anchovie seems to be the best. Most depths between 45-110 feet have been effective. Lets hope this is a start of better fishing from what has been a slow season!

Been pretty good in Barkley the last 3 days..a good push of both spring and cohoes..nice size on the cohoes.. seems there are some good size school anchovies around...... :) find the bait and should be some salmon around.....

Sounds good guys....I am back for another week with the wife and kid as well as another family who have never caught salmon, should be fun!

thx ta the guys that have messaged me ,
ur reoprts were spot on , glad i could help .
as Derby said , fishin is much more consitent ,
all our fish are loaded with 5.5 in Chovies ,
and 6 inch squid , chovies in a uv head and a uv turd are killin it
its a familly fish , not use ta hittin the water at 10 am lol ,
will be at swale shortly Deryk if ur about , good bite here past 2 days

fd

thx ta the guys that have messaged me ,
ur reoprts were spot on , glad i could help .
as Derby said , fishin is much more consitent ,
all our fish are loaded with 5.5 in Chovies ,
and 6 inch squid , chovies in a uv head and a uv turd are killin it
its a familly fish , not use ta hittin the water at 10 am lol ,
will be at swale shortly Deryk if ur about , good bite here past 2 days

fd
was not my day today..tomorrow is a new one..see there if your about in the morning..;)

Running boat up from Victoria harbour to Bamfield on Thursday! What VHF CHANNEL is everyone one on?

Thanks, we are in the fire dept Derby also. I will enjoy winning your money!! I'm staying in the "flea bag" motel. Would appreciate seeing your boat.....Barrie

Lots of squid in the Sound - try using your Turds or white hootchies.
Anchovy seem to be doing well too.
Heard the Wall was active last night & lots of action with the Humpback whales.
See ya'll on the water for the Derby!!

Back