2015 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

just want to say all you people who are fishing the light house, wash rock and maquinna pnt, and i see netting slabs you need to read the regs! 77cm and under not over!
catch and release!
That doesn't start til 15 july- Maybe you should read the regs and not worry about others!!

Just back last night from another 4 days at Nootka. Slow action initially but Sunday was the best day I've had in recent years. In shore still a bit slow, but, some were showing up. Most of our action was at the entrance to the Sound and off shore. A bit of rain the last couple of days seemed to help. Sunday/Monday waters were calm off shore. Got a few Hali. We used primarily anchovy for our Springs although had some luck on plugs and spoons as well. Can't beat those Tomic's.....The launch in GR was not in good shape and the local folks keep a 14 ft aluminum tied to the dock. Can't quite figure that one out...

Winds are down Hyw is loaded with bait down deep. Bait is med. size herring.
We are using COYOTE 6in spoons live image green & blue 8ft of 40lb leader with Gibbs Highliner #1 green striper or Oki / now Delta Big Shooter Green Strip flasher. We have been scoring BIG time on 25-31.5lb Springs.July 2015 039.jpg

Winds are down Hyw is loaded with bait down deep. Bait is med. size herring.
We are using COYOTE 6in spoons live image green & blue 8ft of 40lb leader with Gibbs Highliner #1 green striper or Oki / now Delta Big Shooter Green Strip flasher. We have been scoring BIG time on 25-31.5lb Springs.
attachment.php
What's with the double hook set-up on the spoons? Never seen that before!

Hi FOJ & others. Enjoy these posts. Was curious when looking at Wind Wave & Weather what one considers good offshore vs poor offshore conditions for Bajo Reef. I'll be up in that area in August for a couple weeks. 18.5 foot Campion 542. Previous experience has me saying 15knts is about all I can handle in my boat but what about wind direction, wave height and wave direction for this area. Some pointers on what too be looking out for is appreciated.

Back