2015 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Had a great late bite last night off hornby. Went out from 730-930 and fished one rod - silver betsy flasher with irish cream spoon. Non stop action with a ton of springs in the 35-45 cm range but managed to scrape up a few teeners down around 120-140. Lost a couple big bites that popped the clip but didnt stick
Water was glass calm and prawn trap was loaded. Hard to beat a night like that on the water!

Anybody fishing Kitty Coleman area?

Have read just about absolutely nothing from around there for months it seems.....

Anybody fishing Kitty Coleman area?

Have read just about absolutely nothing from around there for months it seems.....

i have been trying hornby in the last week. there seem to be lots of little springs with a few keepers there. It is also out of the wind for the most part. i have heard kitty coleman and the south end of quadra have slowed down quite a bit.

Fished the south end of Kitty hump today from around 12 - 4. Had a fish in the first 10 seconds and another in 5 minutes. The bite was crazy hot for about 2 hours as we could here whooping coming from many boats in that time. We finished with 3 springs , a 9, 14, and 19 and 2 fat pinks. We also released at least a dozen coho (wild) and a few more undersize springs in that time, and lost a couple more good fish that popped off the rigger, but didn't stick. Didn't matter what we were using as we caught fish on every thing from spoons and hootchies and plugs. Fastest action I have seen out there for a while. About 3:30 the bite was off and we pulled the pin by 4:00.

I am coming up for a visit this week so if you see a yellow Hobie adventure island fishing Kitty Coleman, give me a wave. What's the standby channel, 68?
Tom

Fished 12-6 at kitty. Seemed the bite was on around 12-3. 2 15lbers right away within an hour then got into lots of smaller springs and coho. Kept 1 hatch. Lots of boats and nets in the water. Tones of bait showing and surface was loaded with herring jumpers. Fun day!!

20150719_163540_resized_1.jpg
20150719_172748_resized.jpg
Great day out there. Released 7 coho and managed to catch 1 5lb hatchery. lost 2 nice spring teeners right at the boat. 2 nice springs to take home though. 15lb and an 18lb. 1 red and 1 white. A lot of fish being caught out there today.

I fished the 54 bouy to palister rk at 68 ft too bottom lines at 38',held big fish soundings at 15 ft mid way all evening with no luck. shaker at 4pm start and shaker 8pm finish both at the 54 bouy.very little bait showing on the comox bar.counted 15 seals at once .nice fish optimistic.

Was out today at Kitty with a friend. My boat is in hospital for awhile so was catching some sun in an open tinny but used a good old umbrella.. Anyway the salmon were quite cooperative on the afternoon flood tide. Down deep just off bottom with the needlefish spoons. Took home 3 springs from 15-20 lbs, all white! Find bait, find salmon… One wild hatch coho. Still lots of shakers..

Fished Kitty Coleman this afternoon and picked up a couple of Pinks and 2 wild Coho. All released. Lost my downrigger handle so I resorted to a Deep Six with flasher and a small pink Apex. That worked best for the Coho.

caught the low tide today, four pound pink and 2 red springs about 8lbs, all between 12 and one o'clock. lots of boats, quite a few nets busy around the same time. Hot sunny day, had to keep lubricated !!

Fished Kitty Coleman hump on Wednesday with a friend. His first time fishing. Had a great time with lots of fish. Kept 2 nice pinks and released 4 or 5 wild Coho as well as some small springs. Also caught a few dogfish. Found the best lure was a pink Apex Hot Spot and the Army Truck flasher. We fished between 75- 150 ft on the riggers.

Anybody seeing any salmon out in much deeper water ...say 800 ft deep plus etc.?...(the salmon wouldn't be that deep, but just wondering if they are out in that zone).

Anything happening out at kitty lately? I'm out of Pacific playgrounds and wondering if I should make the trip down, nothing but pinks and shakers my last few trips out

Nothing but pinks????? Count your blessings.. they are great little salmon that fight like tigers on the right gear and are beautiful on the BBQ!

So agree, Pinks are amazing and very fine eating fresh, and great for caning and smoking. Remarkable how big they grow in just 2 years. Just eating machines, that is why the are so easy to catch. I have much respect for all our Salmon.

Pinks are good fresh, no doubts there. Freeze them and they turn into Hali bait. Fun to catch as I've been surprised with the power of Pinks on lighter gear. I'll take a Chinook or Coho any day for smoked or bbq. Friend at Kitty on Thursday, 5 springs. I have not had much luck in our area as of late.

Back