2015 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Any of these Big Whites or any salmon been showing up around Kitty Coleman Hump lately, I saw a bunch of boats out there today and wondering how you guys did, would love too hear from you.

Was at the Kitty hump today during afternoon flood. Beautiful day. Salmon were very cooperative and most liked simple green hootchie. Largest close to 20 pounds. One nice white around 13-14. All full of herring. As usual just off bottom, 200-250'..

Great fishing at the hump. got our limit and let others go. Fished the ebb 12 til 5. Lots of action around 1-3. Then slowed down until 5 brought in the last keeper picking up gear. Biggest was 15lb. 3 red 1 white. Bellies full of big herring. Lots of bait out there.

Oops pressed the wrong button lol. I went out last night and got 2 the biggest was about 15lbs on plugs. Man was there ever a lot of small p cod we couldn't keep them off

Hit Kitty from 3-6 with a friends uncle who'd never been on the ocean, and is terminally ill . It was slow going and nothing on the sounder but after we trolled away from the pack,
he was telling us how he has racked up some good karma lately and we hit 2 random Ralphs and he reeled em both in.
Had his first fresh salmon dinner too. Sometimes things just work out.

Hit Kitty from 3-6 with a friends uncle who'd never been on the ocean, and is terminally ill . It was slow going and nothing on the sounder but after we trolled away from the pack,
he was telling us how he has racked up some good karma lately and we hit 2 random Ralphs and he reeled em both in.
Had his first fresh salmon dinner too. Sometimes things just work out.

Nice report Bruce!!! Good to see ya on here now and then again. Similar kind of day there for us on Sunday as well.

I think there's only two places that do it Salish Seafoods who have samples of there smoked farmed salmon u can try or Portuguese Joes on the dike. I do my own so really have no ideas on which is better.

A little report from the weekend South end of Hornby was good Friday evening, any green white hootchie seemed to work at depths anywhere between 180-240 but then Saturday seemed to cool down for everyone everywhere locally maybe because of the big tides? We tested out Sentry Shoals Saturday night w no action. Few folks off here were there same for them. Saw Ray and Dan out there. Skipped out Saturday heard spotty fishing small one hr bites here and there. Last night went over to Powell River side saw the biggest Herring ball I've ever seen out in the middle of the Salish it was amazing tried dropping lines around it for a half hour with spoons but no luck. Fished Coho Pt for a couple hrs couple Snappers no strikes, saw one boat net one fish. Went to Grants to finish the night off had one good fish on released to the fish gods 213 ft with Gator. Beauty weekend

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup,Ditto for us. Full skunk Sat eve at sentry. Back there again Sunday. We managed to drive over 1 and 1 only. ended up being a white just under 18LBS so nice fluke I would say.
Awesome day and way better than Mondays lawn mowing.

I spent a few hours on the water on Monday morning / afternoon. Put in at Comox and trolled around Point Holmes out to the ferry dock or so. Got one white spring in about 220 feet of water on a blue meanie hootchie. Only salmon we saw all day. The salmon was just stuffed with herring. Nice sunny calm day on the water.

Hit Kitty for a few hours this afternoon. Had lots of action just south of the hump. Coho killer spoon in Cop Car colors was getting hit constantly at 199' of wire in 200-230' of water. Wish I had 2 of em on board! Closest I had was 3.5 coyote cop car for the other side. Started getting hits on the other side when I sent that down, but coho killer def won gold today. Kept a 15# white, empty stomach, released everything else, mostly 8-10lbers.

Yes-- things are going well in Area 14 now-- weather has been mostly good recently, so get out there!

Was out for the small bite at noon. Fished Bates beach 180-200ft of water and on the rigger at 165ft. Some nice big bait balls out there. Released 3 small springs and took home a 9, 15, and 17lbs. All on splatterback hoochie with krill scent added. Nice day out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bite came on further out around 2 but no bait around. White hoochies. 175 and 190
Yesterday 210 was better. Friday 160. Go figure. Bite comes off and on.

Back