2015 Campbell River Reports

salmonkiller01

The New Year has arrived and as we have more and more reports from the Campbell River area, hopefully we will get a sticky!

Certainly you're not talking about winter reports. Sometimes i feel like I'm the only one on here. Heading out in a bit, I dont see any of the fog they were forecasting. YET! LOL One man show again. Damn I need a fishing buddy!

Airplanes cancelled all over the place this morning due to low fog. I know..... Sitting at Comox airport waiting to see if plane can land in CR.

2015-01-07 15.18.22.jpg2015-01-07 15.19.51.jpgManaged a keeper and one undersized on the Nogs needle before the fog dropped. 230ft of cable in 240ft of water. Flasher and hoochie had no action. Was marbled.

Hey cc, that is some fine fishing you got going on there. Where were you? if you don't mind me asking.;) eman

Here are some pictures from fishing over the Christmas break. Consistently good fishing for winter springs with limits being the norm for us. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Pictures are from all different days, as soon as we would get a couple fish in the boat the father in law would start sending text blasts to everyone he could think of which seemed to end up with a lot of tangled lines.

Anyway fishing is great, get out and enjoy it!

No bites today but I did have a submarine pass by within a couple hundred feet. When i first saw the periscope in the distance i thought it was a branch sticking up on a floater but when i looked back it was gone so I thought i was seeing things lol Then the periscope popped out a little ways off my bow had a look and dove down again. Last I saw of it but it was pretty close and moving at a pretty good clip. Never know what you're going to see out there.

No bites today but I did have a submarine pass by within a couple hundred feet. When i first saw the periscope in the distance i thought it was a branch sticking up on a floater but when i looked back it was gone so I thought i was seeing things lol Then the periscope popped out a little ways off my bow had a look and dove down again. Last I saw of it but it was pretty close and moving at a pretty good clip. Never know what you're going to see out there.

Now that is hilarious!!!

Friends of mine were vacationing in Hawaii a whie back. They went to a bar for a drink and met an American sailor. They explained they were from Campbell River. Sailor replied he knows exactly where that was and he sails through those waters all the time in a submarine. They thought he was pulling their leg. He starts naming off specific nautical points around the area. Ripple rock, Seymour Narrows etc.

My buddy and I launched at Discovery at 8am Saturday.
It was snotty out!
Couldn't fish in our usual location so headed over to the lighthouse.
2 undersized jacks that never left the water, a medium ling and bonked a 63cm red.
Closer to high slack, the wind died off and the seas settled, so we made it back to the Island side.
Banged three nice springs, 2 red and a white, in an hour!
We had been dragging all sorts of stuff to little avail, switched one side to solid green flash and a 'freebie' pretied blue splatterback and fish on!
Hands were so cold, they went numb and warm!

IMG_3651.jpg
My wife did not have to worry about what we were going to eat for dinner!
Kids just love the salmon, especially fresh winters!

Back