Sooke2015

Out of beecher bay 7-10 this morning . 4 wilds 1 clipped 4-6 lbs killer whales came by heading west about 9 and it all shut down for me. Coho killers caught nothing but shakers Probably a dozen of them . Standard blue or green hootchie working at 70 feet.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Has no bigger coho come in? And in the forecast next week no rain in sight....

We also went out of beecher, it was too windy for my 14 ft tinner at sooke harbor mouth. We stayed near Aldridge just out of the wind and picked up two wilds biggest was 6 lbs. That was it for us.

Hey Misty, is Beecher really protected on most days or mainly when it's a westerly blowing? It was definitely bumpy out there in my 16.5, so I'd be interested in finding some places that are a little shelter. I pulled the pin after 2 hrs after getting bounced around. 0/2, both on white hootchies.

Fished 4-7pm today out of Sooke Harbour. Bouncy. Not many shakers and a few wild and hatchery coho to the boat that were ~5lbs. Released the biggest one, wild, which had visible parasites under it's skin. Kept one hatch and one wild. The stomach of the wild had one 6" herring and a spine of something larger. The hatchery had cannibalized a 7'' coho. Concentrated our hoochies at 50-70ft, just like all the other reports.

Hi there n2013, yes beecher bay all the way to aldridge is great with the westerly like yesterday. It is also good when there is lots of fog, many times the bay is clear but sooke is socked in. For easterlies it is not that great unless you are way in the bay. Yesterday we fished for 4.5 hours in there no problem for my little boat.

i phoned dfo,,only 1 wild and one clipped in area 19
Sailor...those areas listed are not for area 19/20 (Cadboro Point to Sheringham) That is the portion of area 20 closer to Renfrew. It is however now 4 per day (3-1) in 19/20 Sooke/Victoria

you are correct about area 19,,one and one only,,,i phoned dfo
The post by sailor - is for 20-3 to 20-7 which has Sooke. Area 19, Victoria - is still 1/1 wild/hatch according to the website:

Areas 18 and 19:
----------------
Effective 00:01 hours October 1, 2015 until 23:59 hours December 31, 2015 in
Area 18 and 19, you may retain two (2) coho per day, one (1) of which may be
wild (unmarked).

Out front of the harbor mouth this morning from 7 till noon. Spotty fishing but kept 3 wild and 1 hatchery from 3-7lbs. Lots of shakers released. Hootchies worked best for us.

Fished 4-7pm today out of Sooke Harbour. Bouncy. Not many shakers and a few wild and hatchery coho to the boat that were ~5lbs. Released the biggest one, wild, which had visible parasites under it's skin. Kept one hatch and one wild. The stomach of the wild had one 6" herring and a spine of something larger. The hatchery had cannibalized a 7'' coho. Concentrated our hoochies at 50-70ft, just like all the other reports.

I got one today with some kind of blistering. Never seen that before.

Fished 7-1 today out front. 1st/2nd tide line. 2 wilds, no hatchery. A few shorties on a white hootchie, the ran bait both sides. Lots of good hits. Huge bait balls all around, probably just as many seagulls!

Lots of action for us this morning (7-11:15am) Kept 7 total, 4 were wild and largest just under 9 pounds. Released 5 wild and lost 7 or 8 more. 50-70 feet best and anchovy got them all. Went out again from 12:30 to 4:30 and kept 4 wild, let 3 go and lost 4 more. Definitely more spotty in the afternoon. Very nice day out there for October once the sun was up. Managed to scoop some fresh bait, 5-7 ince herring a a single 7 inch anchovy in with them as well. Did up 26 trays, 4 hrs freezing then into the vacuum packer. Will try it tomorrow morning.

Back