Victoria Reports 2015

Definitely happy with our morning Hali fishing.
8fd0dc4d33391ba51aafeb2b662fb145.jpg

The bite started at 10 today for us, we got our limit 27.5, 17, 13, 11. The 11 lber was at 57ft the rest at 37ft we also had two other huge hit's, home by noon.

Esquimalt was hot today! We landed 14, 13, 10, 9 and 7. All on anchovy, green glow and bloody nose, although anything probably would have worked. Everybody seemed to be doing well.

IMG_00000344.jpg. Went for a 4 hour tour with my Dad and daughter. Five springs 13, 13, 12, 11, and 9. All caught on herring around 50 ft. I found plenty of fish away from the big crowd out front.

I haven't had a seal encounter around the waterfront for about two months. And I'm out there a fair amount.
I saw one hanging around today and it gave me no trouble.

Just took a quick look at the webcam, there must be 20 boats off Ogden point.
must be a few guys playing hookey today.

LOL not this guy; this guy is stuck in the office with supreme jealousy!!! :p but Saturday I'll be out hurry up weekend get here!!!!!

Just took a quick look at the webcam, there must be 20 boats off Ogden point.
must be a few guys playing hookey today.

I was surprised at the number of boats yesterday (for a Wednesday) when I rounded the corner out of Esquimalt anglers. Looked like derby day. Lol

We ran out to Ogden from Oak Bay this morning, counted 30 boats all going round and round, set up our gear then caught the flood back to the flats.
Couple of pinks but nothing else. Beautiful day out there.

Jigged up a 12-14# northern on the flats last week..came out of the water 3' on the opposite side of the boat and had a few good runs befor being released.
Best fighting coho i have seen south vi, or perhaps its the light gear and lack of towing that gives them a fighting chance.

Quick solo trip today, on the water at 8 am home by 9:30 with a 24 and a 23.5. Both at 37ft lemon lime flasher, green haze head.

Back