OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Anyone not do well at the South Arm yesterday? We were out there from about 730 -1. Fished bait to start and had one solid hit that straightened on the prongs on the ****** treble as he pulled the line off the clip.

We then got one just undersized and that was it for us. The funny thing is we only saw one small fish landed and a couple others on the whole time. For the amount of boats out it actually seemed really slow, but the reports are saying otherwise.

Saw lots of fish on at the south arm labor day. Most appeared to be smaller variety. I landed a smaller 10 lb spring and my buddy was into but lost a couple of smaller ones as well. Spoons and hoochies at 35 and 45, all the hits were on the top rods. Must say that was the poorest show of boatman ship I have ever seen on the water. There was over 120 boats at the south arm and a quarter of them were totally clueless. No courtesy driving, people constantly cutting in front and behind boats trolling on a normal tack. I saw one four boat line cross with all gear tangled between them. That was the most challenging part of the day, not the weather. The day was beautiful. Too bad a little more courtesy wasn't around on the water these days or it would have been perfect day. I just had to get out of there because I couldn't take the crazy drivers there anymore.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Anyone not do well at the South Arm yesterday? We were out there from about 730 -1. Fished bait to start and had one solid hit that straightened on the prongs on the ****** treble as he pulled the line off the clip.

We then got one just undersized and that was it for us. The funny thing is we only saw one small fish landed and a couple others on the whole time. For the amount of boats out it actually seemed really slow, but the reports are saying otherwise.

We were out of the main pack in deeper water. About 4 or 5 boats around. Everyone was getting lots of hookups.

Saw lots of fish on at the south arm labor day. Most appeared to be smaller variety. I landed a smaller 10 lb spring and my buddy was into but lost a couple of smaller ones as well. Spoons and hoochies at 35 and 45, all the hits were on the top rods. Must say that was the poorest show of boatman ship I have ever seen on the water. There was over 120 boats at the south arm and a quarter of them were totally clueless. No courtesy driving, people constantly cutting in front and behind boats trolling on a normal tack. I saw one four boat line cross with all gear tangled between them. That was the most challenging part of the day, not the weather. The day was beautiful. Too bad a little more courtesy wasn't around on the water these days or it would have been perfect day. I just had to get out of there because I couldn't take the crazy drivers there anymore.

hi I suppose I was the only one complain about the drivers, I was Sandheads Monday, most drive north to south but someone go west to east cutting everybody, but a boat did to my yesterday and just when he was in front of my boat he hook the fish, I did what I could to avoid his line, I avoid him but I tangle all mine, even the cable went to the engine and the man still complain, nex time I try to disappear, maybe is the 90 percent of others are wrong, anyway was a nice day I end with 1 spring, lost couple of bait, I am going to miss the summer, see you on the water

The bad driving is to be expected when you have a 100 boats crammed together. Not nearly as bad as the cap will be soon (bumper cars) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry but I totally disagree. Proportionately, while the mouth of the cap is a zoo, most drivers get the program and drive quite well for the confined quarters there. There is no excuse for the way a large percentage of drivers disregard the accepted trolling pattern and have to troll across the established pattern in the area. Just common sense. You don't troll across the traffic flow.

In my experience yesterday, most of the guys were OK, but it only takes a select few (whom I won't mention), to screw it up for the others. Happens every year the sockeye opens, too. There were guys playing fish happily all around me yesterday and we were all talking and minding the space, and they got their fish. A little courtesy always goes a long way.

Boats at sandheads are like sheep.
The odd time I venture into the herd to see if I'm missing somthing when fishing is slow. But I have way more success staying away. Lol

Boats at sandheads are like sheep.
The odd time I venture into the herd to see if I'm missing somthing when fishing is slow. But I have way more success staying away. Lol

Ha! Too true. Most boats were north of the light station near the shallows when I hooked a fish and got the net out. I was all alone with no one around me, but within 10 minutes I was surrounded and everyone started to hook up. LOL.

I wasn't saying its ok to disregard trolling pattern and common sense. However it has become almost normal in these areas to see this happening all the time and it's not just rookie mistakes or not knowing , see lots of guide boats that are guilty of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the first problem is when you consider yourself to be "the flow"
If you're trolling on your tack and another boats tack is intercepting, adjust your course based on the rules of the road. If you're looking at his port side then you need to slightly adjust course.
I've seen too many boats stick to a bad course in a busy area instead of making a slight adjustment. Makes me wonder if they're also "left lane hog" drivers

When the tides running good doesn't it make sense to stick with a a tack that keeps your lines running straight off the back of your boat? Seems 99% of guys do that.

How about mongoose running so far up your a$$ you have to air horn the guy to avoid a collision lol

Boys boys boys... don't be such grumples out there. Sandheads on Monday was a gonger. There was over 100 boats. You can't expect everyone to be on the ball. You fish in a crowd and complain about the crowd? Well it seems most people who had success had it away from the crowds.

We boxed in and out of The Armada and cool heads and cold beer prevailed for us.

Olay!

9-2 at sandheads, a couple hits, one lost to seal never saw it but had a 20 minute battle before it bent the hooks and let go and a 23 lb white spring 68' on blue chrome coyote

Any Up to date reports for North arm to South arm today so far ....... Going to be hitting it noon to dark today.

Good luck every one

Any Up to date reports for North arm to South arm today so far ....... Going to be hitting it noon to dark today.

Good luck every one

Seiners out in area 29.6 29.7 and 29.9 starting today

Area 29
Open to fishing from 06:00 hours to 21:00 hours daily commencing Wednesday,
September 9, 2015 until further notice in Subareas 29-6, 29-7, and 29-9.
Vessels fishing in depths shallower than 45 metres must use shallow seine
gear.

Back