OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Finished off with two Wild yoyo's , fished t10 - bell bouy , and a few passes at the cap on the way home . Both coho were off the north arm, nice fish 8 - 9 lb twin does . Didn't see a single other fish by any boats.

Dead slow at the Bell today, seen one fish netted and that's it. Unlike yesterday when we ended with a red about 15 and a little smaller white.

Mike

Busy day

Mike[/QUOTE]

Lots of nets at the south arm. We landed five Springs. Mix of red and marble and a white. Plus one pink. 40-80 ' with chovies.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 768
Last edited by a moderator:
We fished the north arm from 7-9 with no success. Decided to fish the bell area. Landed a red spring around 11 o'clock on an Irish Cream spoon at 60'. Overall it was a slow dat with lots of boats on the water. Westerly wind picked up after 1:30 when we decided to call it a day. Saw another boat netting a small coho on the west van shoreline by the fisheries building. Other than that, didn't see any activity in the ambleside/cap mouth area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandheads this morning boxed an acrobatic teener. 37' green spackle back hootchie. Saw a few nets with decent fish. Haven't seen anything since 9am. Sun is out water is flat.

Yesterday the fish were in tight canso. 120ft or less

Incredible fishing year out there i have to say :).... hard to get work done lol , Saturdays catch first spring for my daughter... haha it was a surfacing screamer
double header .. Bell 47' and 67' kept to that depth for a week and a half .. 6" anchovy and skinny G spoon ,hootchie .
FullSizeRender.jpg

6f44bcccee72d5c8c52c60aea082c022.jpg

A first timer got his first salmon, 17# red on a spoon at 80' at sandheads on the rising tide

Finished the day with another teener at 35' cookies and cream spoon. 2 for 2 on a solo mission in the little jet sled.

Olay!

The ARMADA at Sandheads was insane. We counted at least 100 boats.

Had one Chinook on, handed the rod to my newb friend. He got it to the boat. I had the guitar out and was ready to KABONG it, when my newbie friend found out why a mooching reel is called a 'Knuckle Duster' and got his fingers wrapped up as the low teen sized Chinook snapped the line.

Two undersized Chinook and a Coho to the boat.

Olay!

The ARMADA at Sandheads was insane. We counted at least 100 boats.

Had one Chinook on, handed the rod to my newb friend. He got it to the boat. I had the guitar out and was ready to KABONG it, when my newbie friend found out why a mooching reel is called a 'Knuckle Duster' and got his fingers wrapped up as the low teen sized Chinook snapped the line.

Two undersized Chinook and a Coho to the boat.

Sure was busy out there. Took a brand new fisher out today. Trolled around in the pack at sand heads for a while, only a couple pinks to show. Decided to venture away from the pack out to deeper water and cue a very busy 90 minutes. 3 in the boat, 7 lost including an epic battle with a 15 pound fish that suddenly gained 100 pounds when it got 20 feet behind the boat. Great to see a new fisher battling some nice springs. This great fishing just keeps going and going and.....

We fished sand heads today. Netted two lost two to the seals. I swear they were following us around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Endless fishing

It is incredible how the fish keep coming! We limited on Springs today at Sand heads and landed a number of Pinks as well. All on anchovies in amongst the fleet. Bloody nose and army truck teasers did the trick today. image.jpg

Got a late start today and hit the Bell around noon. Within 10 minutes had our first fish on which turned out to be a 23 lb white. Meanwhile the boat next to us tied in to double header. Landed a 9 lb red spring about two hours later. A few other nibbles, but no other hookups. Called it a day at 5 pm as the weather rolled in. Both fish on anchovies again and 60 - 80 ft. Sounds like most were down at Sandheads as it wasn't too crowded today which was a nice change.

Joined the fleet at Sandheads Labour Day.
Went 4 for 5 on Springs and a few Pinks that we released.
Picked up one beauty 25lber to make it extra special.
Fantastic day.

Attachments

• IMG_0126 Labour Day 2015.jpg
    IMG_0126 Labour Day 2015.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 431
Wow, what a day out there yesterday! I started at 8am at the t-10 and didn't see anything getting caught for about two hours so I decided to head over to the south arm. I'm trolling for about an hour when I get a big hit on my deep rod. When I go to set the hook, my mainline breaks off and I loose the whole set-up including my favorite glo white hootchie. Oh well, reset and keep at it. Next, I hit a fish right near the bell on my shallow line, which I lose right at the boat (10-12lb-er). I go to wind up that side cannon ball and pop! Loose the ball. Fortunately, I have a couple of back-ups on board and re-jig the wire. A couple of boats see me hit the spring and come over for a look and then went off and everyone started hitting them all around me. This was around 12:30pm in the 140-200 ft depth. I didn't hit another fish for the rest of the afternoon, but I saw lots of other guys with hookups. I have never seen so many springs hooked in one area before!

Back