Iron Needle Lures - Now in full COLOUR!

Not 100% sure. I think $16.

Folks,

For those interested, I have been doing my best to get the lures into some retail locations. During this time online sales have been closed, though it will be back up and running for the summer.

Please support our local retailers if you wish to purchase some Iron Needles.

The lures can be found at these fine locations:

Pacific Angler - Vancouver

Stillwater Sports - Ladner (Delta)

First Light Tackle - Burnaby

Highwater Tackle - North Vancouver

-Nick @ Iron Needle

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of us south of the border, any idea when the website will be up so we can order? Driving up to the local stores listed above isn't so local.... :)

Any stores on the South Vancouver Island? Looking for some lures as well. Thanks

Pacific Angler will mail to anyone in the free world.

Got 2 colours today at first light. Spendy little buggers but the quality looked good.

They better fish pretty well for the price but it's nice to have a new weapon in the box

Just checked these out at Highwater Tackle in North Vancouver. (FYI, they will ship these anywhere for out-of-town buyers).

The spoons look great but are HUGE for the local Vancouver fishing. Priced at $17ea. I'm going to wait until a smaller version is offered before purchasing. Definitely sweet looking though.

$17 + tax for a fishing lure ??
that is friggin' ridiculous ....

:(

They're well constructed. I have bashed a new Silver Horde and it never fished productively after that. Crap!
Tomic Plugs are up there too... $15 for a Tomic!!!!
Silver Horde/Gold Star stuff is all going up...

A productive needlefish imitation is worth it...if it means a fish or few in the box over zero... It paid off instantly.

Just checked these out at Highwater Tackle in North Vancouver. (FYI, they will ship these anywhere for out-of-town buyers).

The spoons look great but are HUGE for the local Vancouver fishing. Priced at $17ea. I'm going to wait until a smaller version is offered before purchasing. Definitely sweet looking though.

Right now the Chinooks in Vancouver waters are gorging on 5-7" Herring...not too big right now!

Right now the Chinooks in Vancouver-Howe Sound waters are gorging on 5-7" Herring...not too big right now. The last 24 Chinooks I have observed cleaned have all had 5" or larger herring in it.

You'd be surprised what you can catch fish on when good size bait are around.

$17 + tax for a fishing lure ??
that is friggin' ridiculous ....

:(

Made locally. Painted locally. Produces by past reports. Not made offshore like most of the tackle you buy :eek:.

Don't buy them then. FM posted up a good explanation.

Way to bash a local tackle manufacturer that has supported this site and tried to get their product out there :(.

I have had the privilege to see the results of these lures over the last two years. They work period. Proto types on my boat caught salmon, ling cod, and halibut all in one trip !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
For those concerned that size matters...

Here is a great shot from Rick @ Gulf Rascal Charters based in Pender Harbor, BC on the Sunshine Coast. A great solo double header, which produced a 22# Chinook this past January. The 2nd fish was about half the weight @ 13#, caught on a Silver Horde Kitchen Sink.

A great winter fish to say the least! With the large herring we have seen in the Strait of Georgia in recent years, going a little bigger with presentation may not be a bad idea!

Way to bash a local tackle manufacturer that has supported this site and tried to get their product out there :(.

Not bashing anyone, just stating the obvious that it's a very expensive lure.

Back