Lac Le Jeune Resort/ kamloops area

Jimmy

I am planning on taking my wife and two kids up to see the Adams River Sockeye run and thought I would make a weekend of it. Douglas Lake Ranch is booked solid. So I checked Lac Le Jeune Resort and it sounded no to bad I could rent a cabin on the lake and take the kids out fishing for a few ours on the Saturday afternoon and sunday morning. Thinking of running to the Adams on Saturday morning.

Does anybody have any advice suggestion about Lac Le Jeune or other places they might recommend?

Thank you in advance.

Jimmy

You'll be on the far side of Kamloops from the Adams if you stay at Lac le Jeune, 20 minutes into Kamloops via the highway, 10-15 through Kamloops/Valleyview then an hour or so out to Roderick Haig-brown park, depending on how bad traffic is on the weekend during the Salute to the Sockeye, as it'll be busy the next 3 weekends. That's an hour and a half + each way. Weather can change quick that high once you hit October, as Lac leJeune is over 4000 ft. We've had a nice late summer and very warm lately so many lakes still aren't in full "fall" swing, but that doesn't mean that can't change in a hurry. If things hold up, could be great fishing soon, on the other hand could get sleet or snow at any time at that elevation.

If you're interested in other options, I'd go online and see about renting a cabin or small house on Shuswap. Now their low season and can often rent a place for peanuts that was renting out for a ransom in July/August. You'd be closer to the park, Shu Lake is gorgeous this time of year with the boating crowds gone and if you have a car topper, fishing at creek mouths can be surprisingly good well into November.

Ukee

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.sunnyshore.ca/

White Lake is at a lower elevation. It's a great lake for skilled flyfishers, but will give up fish to family gangtrollers too. (or a worm/marshmallow combo on the bottom in the right deeper spots)

Thank you for the advice!!
I figured some Salmon education would be good for the kids and combine it with a weekend adventure that includes a little fishing would be good for the whole family.

Cheers,
Kent