2014 SFBC Derby Wrap Up

Hey Owen. On behalf of SportfishingBC.com we want to publicly acknowledge our sincere appreciation for the extraordinary work you and your crew did to make the SFBC derby the great success that it turned out to be. It's fair to say you made us look good through your tireless efforts.

Your energy and enthusiasm are infectious. Thanks for sharing them with us and all our forum members.

Hey Owen. On behalf of SportfishingBC.com we want to publicly acknowledge our sincere appreciation for the extraordinary work you and your crew did to make the SFBC derby the great success that it turned out to be. It's fair to say you made us look good through your tireless efforts.

Your energy and enthusiasm are infectious. Thanks for sharing them with us and all our forum members.

Two thumbs up on that one. Sorry I didn't make the long trip up for the picnic last Sat. but there were tuna in the ocean off of Westport that were calling my name.

So...Where's 2015? I would hope its being talked about....I have a one event to deal with next year so can't be me organizing it unfortunately...Come on who is going to put it on??

Anyone??

It was fun and it would be nice to keep it going, and raise funds for enhancement and get our group together annually....

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone should step up....... Hey Jeffy, how about you :)

Park was booked as an annual event, just need to start contacting companies for donations and get some volunteers to take on some of the tasks.

Anyone going to step up and do this thing this year?

Maybe Nick/FB should give it a go

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody should step up and keep this going! Maybe a fall Coho derby this time, with so many Coho around the past few years.

I really think this needs to continue, Owen (fish Assassin) and Laura (his wife) worked their asses off on this last year and I think it would be a shame for it to not continue folks...

I really think this needs to continue, Owen (fish Assassin) and Laura (his wife) worked their asses off on this last year and I think it would be a shame for it to not continue folks...

Jeff's doing it? If you do I will help out in some way...I am sure a few other guys would help..hint.hint... The problem is its a little late to try and organize prizes etc... A lot of other derbies have already secured prizes etc...

I entered last year, did not enter a fish but could have entered a few for hidden weights and could not make the wind-up due to company conference. I can't take on the task of organizer, but I would like to volunteer to help. Being from the wrong side of the pond, I am not sure what I can do, but I will chase down vendors for prizes on this side, etc. I can also donate a few door prizes, but it will be just company promo stuff (coffee mugs, duffle bags, and what we call "trinkets & trash" ).

Jeff's doing it? If you do I will help out in some way...I am sure a few other guys would help..hint.hint... The problem is its a little late to try and organize prizes etc... A lot of other derbies have already secured prizes etc...
Not sure if I can take it on as I may be back in the oilfield this summer.. im willing to help anyway I can, don't think it is to late to get it going...would like to be part of it again..

Back