prop removal

notmebud

Any tips on removing seized prop the previous owner had never had it off ( I think) and its a 1988. Yami Pro 50 ? Thanks

Try pounding the shaft with a big brass drift and a BFH.

some kind of creeping lube and gentle heat.. use a drift to beak it loose , the wording pound it off sounds like your going to wreck something internal..

That is a prop puller. Gear pullers have worked for others. Can't help you on where to get em, I borrow tools like that. I hear you can rent them?
I'm not sure what rubber bushings have to do with it, I don't know your engine specifically. However, look at pulling tools similar to the one above and see which one might fit.

Penetrating oil like LPS 1,2 , Mouse Milk, WD-40(worse case)), let sit for awhile overnight if possible. Apply heat with heatgun not torch. No extreme pounding but a gentle rap with a brass drift or rubber mallet from the back end or ideally a puller.

Had the same problem with an 89 Merc last year, don't think it was ever off. Tried penetrating fluid, heat, and a puller. Ended up using a Zip disk !

Yes ideally tilt the motor up and put penetrating oil on the shaft. Attach a prop or gear puller if you can make it fit and tighten it down a bit to get the pulling pressure going. Be patient and let it sit for a day and tighten gently every few hrs. Should pop off after a matter of time.

Back