Screen on scotty

trophywife

Crew Member
Wow ... 2 weeks..what is scotty doing about this? And is there a quick remedy?

annoyed!!!
3ae39eb1568d6274bcc73e02f445bc25.jpg

They have these cool depth counters you can add on that don't need power or an LCD screen! And you can read them in all sorts of lighting!

1145-scotty-downrigger-counter_25.jpg

2 weeks old and they're dead - is that what you're saying?

Just curious but has anyone ever opened one of these up and see if the batteries can be replaced and then re-sealed or would it be possible to put a zener diode in line and tap it into the retrieve switch? Never need to worry about batteries dying on you if it could be done. If they are not working might be worth a shot.

Major issues with the digital counters on the new hp riggers. I've gone thru 4 in the last 2 months. Very annoying when you show up at the boat in the morning and the screen is full of water and won't work. I have the latest version that are being tested and I can report that they worked great for the first day but when I went to use them the following day one of them would turn on. Ready to go back to the old ones, i'll live with 15lb balls as long as I can depend on them...

In June both of my digital counters shat the bed. I called the retailer and they sent me new ones. I did need to send the old ones back to them but no big deal. The new digital counters I received can be turned off manually unlike my previous counters which hopefully they will last longer. I do have to say many days the screens would have moisture inside so I can't imagine that being good nor do I think they will last very long. I guess I'll find out. Really I best just send them back before I don't have any counters at all...

Bought a new HP on a Saturday. Screen stopped working on Sunday. $10 service charge on Monday.

Between this issue and those cheap butt rod holders i decided to keep my old ones that i've had since the 90's. They work great!

I don't fish as much as a lot of you coastal guys, but my HP screens have been fine so far, second season. Love those big digits. My boat goes in a carport too.

Both my 2106's digital counters got moisture, went to Scotty and they gave me two new style plus a spare. So far this year I haven't had any problems with them. The "rocket launchers" however, as Shawn says, not a fan..... Had a fish bury the tip in the ocean and screaming line, think I could get the rod out of the holder? Not a fricken chance man.

Yeah I don't user the Scotty rod holders either, although that might have a lot to do with mounting the riggers well aft to improve angles around the props.

Back