Sidney

Arjento

Hey Guys,

I noticed there is a pender bluffs section but I was thinking maybe there are some reports on Hambley Point, etc. I fished Hambley on fathers day of this year, it was the first time being there since a kid and was pretty neat to be on the water again there. Got two springs that day within 3 hours so not exactly awesome but still better than nothing. Lets here the reports. :)

We're going out tomorrow to try Sidney Channel, the Powder Wharf, Hambley and Fairfax, not necessarily in that order. I'll post the results when we get back Thursday.

Set the crab traps at the Spit and started at the powder wharf. No action there so we moved to Hambley where we found a couple of springs. Back to the Spit for 5 crabs, a fresh salmon bbq and an awesome sunset. Life is good here. Tomorrow we'll pull the crab traps then drop the prawn trap on the way to Fairfax and give that spot a shot. Ahhhhh...

Thanks Paul,

That rocks you got a couple of fish. Any size? what was the gear and techniques etc? Last I was out was a 4 foot leader to cyote 4 or 4.5 inch spoon uvish looks almost like a dark brown trout with glow spots and some purple in it, tied to a green onion flasher. That was at Hambley and I got two it was fathers day lol. Shows you how much my wife lets me out hahahaha.... I think it was 60 feet on the rigger in about 135 feet of water?

Keep the posts coming guys. I know there is more that fish sidney than just Paul :)

The fish were about 10#, one on bait, the other on a cop car coyote, both behind the original green/silver and red/silver flashers. Both fish were at 70' in 150'-175' of water and one of them was white. We didn't do the prawn trap/Fairfax plan yesterday, we decided to go back to Hambley and do the same routine...not even a strike. So no more fish, but we brought home 15 crab after 2 days. That's good enough.

Having never fished the area before, I launched yesterday at the Sydney boat ramp and headed east to do a little exploring. Dropped some Crab Traps at Sydney Spit before heading a little further east to drop a few prawn traps near Haro Strait. Once that was down, decided to troll around and managed to scratch up a small hatchery spring (60cm). While we were fishing we watched this Wally Yacht cruise south on the US side.......Wow !!!!
ATTACH=CONFIG]14633[/ATTACH]
Didn't get any Prawns and only got 7 undersized males crabs....but what a fabulous day on the water !!

Attachments

• the-118-looks-like-a-stealth-fighter-in-the-water.jpg
    the-118-looks-like-a-stealth-fighter-in-the-water.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 1,088
Having never fished the area before, I launched yesterday at the Sydney boat ramp and headed east to do a little exploring. Dropped some Crab Traps at Sydney Spit before heading a little further east to drop a few prawn traps near Haro Strait. Once that was down, decided to troll around and managed to scratch up a small hatchery spring (60cm). While we were fishing we watched this Wally Yacht cruise south on the US side.......Wow !!!!
ATTACH=CONFIG]14633[/ATTACH]
Didn't get any Prawns and only got 7 undersized males crabs....but what a fabulous day on the water !!

Great picture. I think it was parked in Victoria harbour Saturday night?

Where is Hambley?

Back side of Sidney Island or east side

Sidney Channel/Darcy
November 29 - 12 lb spring and 8 lb spring
December 6 - 15 lb hatchery spring (yup)
December 13 - really slow, 2 shakers released
All on anchovy, down 120' in 140'
Anyone else catching anything out of Sidney - Pender bluffs, Fairfax? Thanks

Nice work on the Springs. In November fished for a couple times for a few hours at Pender bluffs and a couple spots north of Sidney Island, with only a couple shakers. Might try trolling between Sannich and Saltspring, while waiting for prawns this weekend. Will definitely get out for a Christmas crabbing and Sidney fishing trip over the break. I'll update if we get anything.

Nice work on the Springs. In November fished for a couple times for a few hours at Pender bluffs and a couple spots north of Sidney Island, with only a couple shakers. Might try trolling between Sannich and Saltspring, while waiting for prawns this weekend. Will definitely get out for a Christmas crabbing and Sidney fishing trip over the break. I'll update if we get anything.

Give Pat Bay a try, should be some fish feeding on needlefish there

Gave Pat bay a brief try today but was only good for two undersize. It's probably worth a proper effort as there was a bit of bait around. Found a few bugs though, yum.

Gave Pat bay a brief try today but was only good for two undersize. It's probably worth a proper effort as there was a bit of bait around. Found a few bugs though, yum.

hey if there's 2 undersized fish there's surely a few bigger guys around - or give them a few months to bulk up.

Back