my next (last) project boat

Havnt done much the last couple weeks, christmas crap took up alot of my free time (and Money) Had John do a couple modifications on the fuel tank and it should be installed tomorrow

I left about a one inch lip all the way around, glued the new floor down to it and glassed it to the sides.

Correct me if I'm wrong but to keep the floor the same height you'd have to butt the new floor into that 1" strip you left! You just glue the butt joint? Anything support the seam from underneath?

Sorry to beat the horse, just wanna get a good idea of what guys are doing in a rebuild!

Correct me if I'm wrong but to keep the floor the same height you'd have to butt the new floor into that 1" strip you left! You just glue the butt joint? Anything support the seam from underneath?

Sorry to beat the horse, just wanna get a good idea of what guys are doing in a rebuild!

I lapped it over the one inch lip, added 5/8 to the stringers to make them the same height

Fuel tank is finally in, the 2x2 alum angle is for floor support. The black line that runs under it is going to be a drain line that will hook up to a drain where the yellow tape measure is. Not sure how the water escaped from the step down before???
IMG_1996_zps0e1b527f.jpg

IMG_1997_zps8829b2fe.jpg

IMG_1999_zpscb5bea5d.jpg

IMG_2000_zps381c77ab.jpg

My step down never had a drain. I made one as it was a pain sponging up the water, now I drain from the cockpit back to the rear bilge.

really nice! looks great!

Any room for a couple rigging tubes under the tank?
makes for a nice way to run your cables and electronics

The underside of the floor is glassed and ground where it'll be glued and screwed. Vent,Fill and engine feeds are in and got it glued and screwed in place
IMG_2001_zpsd71dbf62.jpg

IMG_2002_zps2386066d.jpg

IMG_2003_zpsbfe323f3.jpg

You really were waiting for me :eek:. Great job man. Can't wait to see the transom cabinet/shelf set up. That will explain a lot for most folks following :).

I heard over lunch the other day with firelight that he is coming up this weekend to look at your seat boxes etc. I think a Barkley trip is in order with the 3 of us. Going to talk to Whitey this week. Let's make it happen :).

Beauty job you've done so far. I did the same with my acess for the vent fitting in the floor. I now have a hole cut in the floor and a hatch lol. Thanks again for the info on the steering fittings. I ordered them today.

Not too much to report. Fuel tank is glassed in, starting to pre fit the side pockets. Assembly of the cuddy bulkhead,door and interior pieces took about 6 hours of trimming and fitting. I need to router the edges on the side pockets, anyone in Nanaimo have one I can borrow for a couple hours?
IMG_2005_zps91jzzain.jpg

IMG_2006_zpsxomuwhtu.jpg

IMG_2007_zpseqmty1gi.jpg

Back