Nootka tackle box must haves help

Travo

Heading to Nootka on Monday for a week , never fished the island will be using primarily anchovies , also prob mooch some herring ... I have a few flashers green/chrome , blue/chrome , purple onion , plaid yellow one , and a half dozen others , I will be Tying all my own rigs for teaser heads and herring ... I have shitload of spoons that I use for freshwater but I don't like using for salt so I'm starting fresh ... If you we're start a fresh tackle box for salt ... What are the goto additions to your tackle box I'm going shopping 2mrw to stock up .

Green and purple are good colours for both flashers and bait heads. I always take up a few 5 inch 602 tomics as they are consistent producers, especially on the inside if the spot you want to fish is also holding mackerel and running all bait would be a nightmare. . I also take up a few 7 inch wonder spoons in half and half (chrome/brass).

Travo,

6" Tomic spoons in the Pilchard patterns ( Kelly, Mike, etc) are my go-to gear when I run out of herring to cut-plug, or if the Silvers are just too thick to get down through, especially if you plan to fish the hiway.

Betsy Flashers, Betsy JDF chovy holders, and, the black with gold scale JDF chovy holder. Tomic Pilcard spoon 5", and, their green and white spoon again 5".

plain white hootchie, 6.0 watermelon coyote, anchovy on 4' leaders worked for me there. only fished inside.

6" silver and blue spoons work well, with a few large dots down the center line. White glow hootchies, cop-car spoons, and you should be good to go.

lots of really big deep six's, maybe some muddler minnows as hali like to surface feed at camel rock this time of year.

Back