Kalamalka Lake Kokanee

Big Green Machine

Not my fish, but courtesy of Rod Hennig, a guide out of Kelowna, who got one of his young clients into a hog of a Kokanee today. He has more photos on his Facebook page. Bigger than some Sockeye!
ry6aregy.jpg

Nice to see a few big ones showing up again. Middle of the lake right out in front of the Kekuli boat launch, down 30-75', Skinny Minny behind a T-Spoon or the usual Dick Nite's work very well...Sherm

All I can say is WOW!!! I have never seen a kok that big. Never fished Kal, really don't know why, but had good luck catching kokanee just off shore on the east side of Okanagan north of Adventure Bay in the early evening. I usually trolled a wedding ring or a red devil. That may be over now with all the development.

The biggest out of Okanagan was over 9lbs. A couple years back someone got a 7lbs and posted pic on Reelfishingadventures. The world record was from Okanagan lake but that was beat a couple years back out of Washington or Oregon

Awesome to see. I threw back a few sockeye back into the ocean today that were smaller than that kokanee.

Back