Nog's Needle - The Good News

I received my order today. I own a sign and graphics shop and am anxious to lay some vinyl color to one of these. I will let you know how they work.

If any of you are wondering if Nogs needles work-I had 1 at Winter harbour since monday noon. Check the Winter Harbour report I'm about to type. On our boat the lure is referred to as "Mr. Nog"

Special thanks to Nick who met me on the side of the highway tonight because I was 3 hours late coming thru town to grab my spoons, he dropped everything he was doing and drove 30 min out of his way to deliver my lures to me. I am going to fish these hard this weekend and will hopefully catch a big one...

Got mine in CR yesterday too! Can't wait to take them for a swim today.

I read your Campbell river report and I wouldn't give up on the "needle". I am in no way affiliated nor do I get any free before I say this. I tried mine in Winter Harbour where the Spring fishing was spotty. The one thing I did notice about it was that it caught very little by-catch ,small fish 'grilse etc. It was not the only lure catching fish but when it went off invariably it was a good Spring

I just want to say that this site has a bunch of great people on it. people offering to lend out there lures to people that are passing through on there way to go fishing, because there's didn't get to them in the mail in time. Its good to know that there are still good, no great people in province of ours. good job guys. and congrats nog on the lure, mine should come on tuesday, fingers crossed.

I read your Campbell river report and I wouldn't give up on the "needle". I am in no way affiliated nor do I get any free before I say this. I tried mine in Winter Harbour where the Spring fishing was spotty. The one thing I did notice about it was that it caught very little by-catch ,small fish 'grilse etc. It was not the only lure catching fish but when it went off invariably it was a good Spring
Haven't given up! :) Those things are damn fishy looking in the water.

Got mine yesterday took them out for a wet down on front of nanaimo picked up a nice coho on the the gold version lures look great and the action is very fishy indeed thanks nog and look forward to some wcvi action on these beauty's !!!

If mine show up before Wednesday ( ordered them the first night they were on sale ), I will have 3 of each up in Winter Harbour starting Thursday, if somebody up there needs to borrow one. Black on White Seasport, Montana numbers......

Capt. Red

Ordered a few of each today and will order painted spoons when they are ready!
In Nootka in a couple weeks and hopefully CP will get them here in a timely fashion.
Folks, I just want to say that I am quite excited to fish these spoons but most of all, I believe it is very important that Matt continues to manufacture his products in Canada. Especially Western Canada!
We all know that it is most likely we will pay some kind of premium but it is very important that we keep the design and manu. in Canada. Lets not forget with that premium we will get much higher quality of product and therefore significant increase in value. Meaning that with great value this product will last for several years of hard use.
I am sure most of us have seen where the quality went when many manufactures decided to have manufacturing done overseas. Not Good!! All because of margin! I'm sure Matt (Don't know the man) has put endless time, effort and thought into developing his products. So lets continue the support and help him grow. Along with a great product. Matt needs a margin and that is not a bad thing!! jm2cs

Looks great Matt! Can't wait to get them into the water!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nogs, I will be on the coast next week or possibly earlier. Where are you located? As I could possibly pick them up. I ordered online this past Saturday.
Call me.
789-915-1904
Thanks,
Ward

Yeah, just got my order today. It mimicks what the fish are eating here. Will be using them tommorrow

Yeah, just got my order today. It mimicks what the fish are eating here. Will be using them tommorrow

Give us a report buddy :). Between two boats fishing it this past weekend we caught a small spring and a nice coho. The other boat had a reel ripper on for a minute or two but never got to see it. The spring was caught on a hand painted limited early edition model (thanks Gary lol).

Give us a report buddy :). Between two boats fishing it this past weekend we caught a small spring and a nice coho. The other boat had a reel ripper on for a minute or two but never got to see it. The spring was caught on a hand painted limited early edition model (thanks Gary lol).

Was getting them on Andrew's as well lately

Back