Mioney making opportunity !!!! :-)

Cuba Libre

If you have been to Hawaii lately you will know that some of the Islands are over run with feral chickens. I asked a local if anyone eats them and his reply was that they are stringy-- and its better to boil a chunk of lava with the chicken and eat the chicken only after the lava starts to soften up!

They are considered pests and have no protection.... but the roosters have magnificent capes!! There is money to be made, given the price of good capes these days.... bunch of bread crumbs and a pellet gun would be your only investment!! Such an opportunity ! :)

they are protected because they had wild chickens there and then when tsunami and major storms hit it let loose the caged farm chickens and now its impossible to tell which is wild and which is feral.

they are protected because they had wild chickens there and then when tsunami and major storms hit it let loose the caged farm chickens and now its impossible to tell which is wild and which is feral.

That's a bit of a myth. They only really run wild on Kauai. The reason there is so many is that they have no natural predators. Send a few foxes over and let the buffet begin.....then collect the feathers!

Yah sure bang flop in jail over there. Kauai is kind of weird like that... Maybe it is the strong military presence there.

The chicken problem on that island really took off after the CAT5 hurricane had its way in the 90's there...Most people don't know that the actual hurricane eye went directly over it... Hence chickens everywhere.... But love them or hate them they eat tons of bugs including the centipedes there... Here is a link I found:

http://kauaiblog.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/kauais-wild-chickens-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/

They were all over the place on Maui when I went there.......I was told you can't touch 'em.......

They were all over the place on Maui when I went there.......I was told you can't touch 'em.......

Ummmm- nope. Read the blog I posted..... There are also chickens on the Big Island, but I didnt see that many. perhaps the mongooses take care of them?

Back