2014 ECVI Nanoose Bay, French Creek Reports

Fished tip of Texada last weekend and similar to recent reports in this thread, salmon holding at 200+. All I got was some undersized springs, but we did get a couple of keeper lings that came up to take a Matrix herring. Lost a chicken hali at the boat, same thing.

A BIG thank you to 7Deuce for the report of Killer Whales between Snake and Gabriola this afternoon. Thanks again Mike and you will have a $50 gift certificate waiting for you. Thanks to everyone who is taking part and giving me a call with whale info it really helps the fuel bill

For those who haven't heard about what i am doing here it is again:

Give me a call with good whale info anywhere from Victoria to Texada with a time, direction of travel, number of animals and speed of travel. If I find them from your report I will give you a $50 gift certificate to Harbour Chandlers or the boat or tackle shop of your choice.

Simon cell # - 250 883 3358

Ocean EcoVentures Whale Watching
Cowichan Bay

Fished the 10am bite off Winchelsea sticking with the kite tail flasher and lime green hoochie with a jughead. Persistence paid off with my first of the year, a 15lb spring. 4 orcas feeding right against Winchelsea and heading north west at that time.

Heading out there Tuesday and will be fishing Wednesday till Saturday. Haven't fished this area for 20years or so, is Sangster and winchelsea a good place to start?

Green glo coyote 3.5 still a good producer as well?

Yes! I have a few tied up ready to roll! That was my favorite hook when I lived in Lantzville! Second was the army truck and green glow coyote!

How long of leaders you running 36"?

Myself I go 38 inches from nose of hoochy to back of flasher all hardware included......other people may differ......

Behind a Green/Glow O'ki or a Super Gold Betsy flasher......

Heading out there Tuesday and will be fishing Wednesday till Saturday. Haven't fished this area for 20years or so, is Sangster and winchelsea a good place to start?

Green glo coyote 3.5 still a good producer as well?

Hey Tidal,
We were out at Epsom Point (Thormanby) a couple weeks ago and did well with a no banannas spoon and a splatterback hoochie. The hoochie was behind a gold betsy with a 30" leader. Caught 3 around 15lbs. A buddy was out last weekend at Epsom and hooked 3 landed one on a no banannas. It might be worth try there if there if Sangster isn't producing for you..

Heard that there was no action at Sangster yesterday. Gerald, Winchelsea have been producing. Also south end of Texada but not sure of the location.

no Banana spoon?

Heard that there was no action at Sangster yesterday. Gerald, Winchelsea have been producing. Also south end of Texada but not sure of the location.

Anyone have a picture of a no banana spoon? Sorry i'm a prairie boy now and am way out to lunch on all the new tackle out there! lol!

Ran across this eve with baddog. Took an hour and a half to tub on Salmon and ling . 170 ft on spoons for the salmon.

Also got to test out the new Mojo Sportswear. The gear feels great and I look forward to putting it to the test this summer out west.

Out yesterday and again this morning. 2 fish around 10 to 12 pounds yesterday afternoon. this morning 4 fish in an hour and a half. All over 10 and biggest was 16.25. Threw lots back both days due to size. Caught on gold Betsy with green spackle back hootchie and purple onion with white hootchie. 180 feet in 225 feet of water in front of marina. looks like a few Coho starting to show also.

was out today off French Creek 1pm until about 7pm.

Cops/Fisheries were out there checking people...they checked us.

safety, correct papers , documents, etc,etc,

They want everyone to know that the Asians are not pillaging the sealife.

They say most are families harvesting clams legally. (They asked me to spread that info).

Caught a 7 & 8Lb'er (both legal) Chinook on Green Splatterback hooch and also T-rex needlefish hooch behind Green/Glow flasher and O'ki Kinetic Green Mist flasher.

!80ft of water...tackle down about same.

Weed all over the place......a pain in the a**.

Water choppy at first....as usual the weather predictors were wrong...flat calm later.

Didn't see any baitballs.

Lots of surface fish.

Also caught a real big Dusky Rockfish on the T-Rex.

001.jpg

I have never fished this area so I'm looking for a little info if I may.I'm coming from Courtenay to take a guy out that I do business with

Is French Creek the best ramp? or is there another?

Looking at mid June and there are some big tides, typically what seems to be the most productive, ebb or flood

Is it best to try right out front first and run across or vice versa or does it matter

Appreciate any input

I went out to lasquiti last Sunday and had a double header right away. A 10 and 16. Fishing in a 160ft of water with the lines about 120-130. It was my first time out there and it was beautiful. If the wind would ever die down this week I'd head out again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back