Maxima Crystal Ivory Line

koonerrods

Any reviews? I just bought 500 yards of this stuff to tie some leaders for this coming season, I am wary about it due to the fact of the price..

I am a guide up north and would hate to tie 400 leaders of bad line that I need to retie.

Any words of advice would be great.

Cheers.

30lb Berkley or 25lb maxima ultra green... then you don't have to worry, always go with what u know...:)

what about fluorocarbon line? They said that to use the fluorocarbon line for using leader and work really very well. use between 25 lbs and 30 lbs.

Maxima is a quality product a tad pricey but I've never had any issues in over 40 years of using their products-in fact Maxima Chameleon Red is my main Salmon fishing line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Discus.......

save your money.

Fluorocarbon line is a pain in the butt and doesn't give you any advantage in saltwater.

Discus.......

save your money.

Fluorocarbon line is a pain in the butt and doesn't give you any advantage in saltwater.

X2- may have some specialized uses for big game fishing but I see no advantage for salmon fishing and it can be very stiff!!

Love my Segar, would not use anything else. I am sure there are other good one's out there, but this one's for me.

I had some 25lb maxima crystal ivory on a reel for 3 summers (I only fished about 15 days per summer). Cheap 1/4lb spool from Maui Walmart. It never broke -- replaced with Big Game just because. The colour did fade. I use 30 + 40lb big game, and 50lb Triple Fish for leaders.

Back