Victoria 2014 Reports

Fished 9-1230

Hit another deer on the way elk hunting. Aka. Caught a 25lb hali on salmon gear on the ob flats
Edit..... Go pro down at 40-90'. Over an hour of footage. Ran bait. Nothing came up to look at it. No surprise there.
JL

Last edited by a moderator:
got a 22 off the flagpole on Saturday on the early change. Coho killer on the bottom white flasher , fast troll . Hit another lunker off brochie but didn't get it in. ran bait on the midwater line and picked up a couple of 3 to 5 lb springs that were released.A lot of work for this time of the year!

Attachments

• salmon.jpg
    salmon.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 499
Well skunk streak gone finally, anchovy in army truck glow, 7-8 ft leader, orange flasher on onion skin, 90 ft of water 60 on the downrigger, medium speed (45 degree on rigger line to 12 lb ball) off the end of breakwater, lost a high teener right at the boat, one hatchery coho 5-8 lb, lots of work for what we should have two good thiefs too took the bait right off and no hooking damn i gotta watch those rods closer lol

And I think you were one of the more fortunate ones out there, Steve. ;)
I had two strikes, that's all I could muster up.

Landed an 18 # spring off the flag pole about 7:30. I know another angler got sealed maybe 30 minutes earlier nearer to Clover. No other strikes for me today.

Nothing for me either, but I think Andrew P will have a better report a bit later....;)

Yup, had a good one today and good to pass you on the water! It followed a couple less than stellar but still enjoyable sessions over the labour day weekend. Living a stones throw from a boat launch makes it possible to fit in a couple hour fish here and there and still have a 'family' long weekend; loving it.

Saturday got out for the morning until 11am with a buddy. After running a few passes threw the masses at the breakwater and Macauley we decided to do a bit of bird watching a little deeper and found some coho and a handful of barely legal spring thrown in. We took home a nice 8lb hatch coho.

Sunday wend out at about 10am and released a couple small spring on right off the drop and saw others so it seemed to be on off Macauley. It was an absolute zoo and being solo I wasn't up for the mayhem. Went in after an hour and earned enough browny points with yard work to get out at about 6pm with the eldest son when the crowd had left and fished the breakwater with one other boat (and a lot of waves) and had a beautiful 9lb wild coho to boat to swim another day (if only that was Monday).

Today, Monday, out at 930-12 with the eldest son. Started right out front of Macauley. I didn't see much action on the pass through the crowd so, knowing that it was on the day before(and days before that despite people not reprorting their great catches!) and that the migration would be moving along, I headed further east and got into some great action between the flag pole and Trial Island. I couldn't pass a particular spot without getting a hit!. 4 passes, 4 hits, 3 to the boat, all Chinook, 8lb released, 10lb white spring retained (and brining!), heavy lost and then finished with a 20lb red spring. 3 of 4 hits at 130' on rigger in 130' of water, 1 @ 100' in 130'. No hits at 50-70'. Left the chovies at home and fished the Sandlance spoon. Ran both 4' and 6' leaders and the lost heavy was on the long and 20 was on the short leader. Pics show the colours that did the job. 10lb and 20lb pictured with the 30lb deckhand for reference.

Keep the reports coming!!! There were definitely a lot of lines in the water this weekend...

IMG_3700.jpgIMG_3701.jpgIMG_3705.jpg

Yup, had a good one today and good to pass you on the water! It followed a couple less than stellar but still enjoyable sessions over the labour day weekend. Living a stones throw from a boat launch makes it possible to fit in a couple hour fish here and there and still have a 'family' long weekend; loving it.

Saturday got out for the morning until 11am with a buddy. After running a few passes threw the masses at the breakwater and Macauley we decided to do a bit of bird watching a little deeper and found some coho and a handful of barely legal spring thrown in. We took home a nice 8lb hatch coho.

Sunday wend out at about 10am and released a couple small spring on right off the drop and saw others so it seemed to be on off Macauley. It was an absolute zoo and being solo I wasn't up for the mayhem. Went in after an hour and earned enough browny points with yard work to get out at about 6pm with the eldest son when the crowd had left and fished the breakwater with one other boat (and a lot of waves) and had a beautiful 9lb wild coho to boat to swim another day (if only that was Monday).

Today, Monday, out at 930-12 with the eldest son. Started right out front of Macauley. I didn't see much action on the pass through the crowd so, knowing that it was on the day before(and days before that despite people not reprorting their great catches!) and that the migration would be moving along, I headed further east and got into some great action between the flag pole and Trial Island. I couldn't pass a particular spot without getting a hit!. 4 passes, 4 hits, 3 to the boat, all Chinook, 8lb released, 10lb white spring retained (and brining!), heavy lost and then finished with a 20lb red spring. 3 of 4 hits at 130' on rigger in 130' of water, 1 @ 100' in 130'. No hits at 50-70'. Left the chovies at home and fished the Sandlance spoon. Ran both 4' and 6' leaders and the lost heavy was on the long and 20 was on the short leader. Pics show the colours that did the job. 10lb and 20lb pictured with the 30lb deckhand for reference.

Keep the reports coming!!! There were definitely a lot of lines in the water this weekend...

View attachment 13838View attachment 13839View attachment 13840
We'll done sir. I started out there are the same time. Saw the legend(rs craven) in person for the first time. Yelled at him but don't know if he could hear me. I left at 1030 for connie. Picked up a feeder and the Hali.

That's it for me. Heading hunting till coho season. Good luck boys

JL

Back