Kitty Coleman 2014 Reports

Hi everyone, I am new to the Comox Valley however not new to fishing. So my small family and I went to Bates to rent one of their boats yesterday and it was quite an adventure. Downriggers didn't work properly and the weather was snotty for a 14 foot tin can.

We were able to fish for a whole 20 minutes at the south hump, however we were able to hook into a 9.5 pound spring. We caught it at 120 feet using a army truck hoochie and green flasher.

There was one other boat out there the same size as ours and he was by himself, my hats off to the gentleman.

Anyway, if anyone has a spot on their boat for another fisherman I can assure you I can hold a good conversation and have gas/gear money for the trip.

Aryn

Spot on Boat

Personal Message sent 26/07/14

Hi everyone, I am new to the Comox Valley however not new to fishing. So my small family and I went to Bates to rent one of their boats yesterday and it was quite an adventure. Downriggers didn't work properly and the weather was snotty for a 14 foot tin can.

We were able to fish for a whole 20 minutes at the south hump, however we were able to hook into a 9.5 pound spring. We caught it at 120 feet using a army truck hoochie and green flasher.

There was one other boat out there the same size as ours and he was by himself, my hats off to the gentleman.

Anyway, if anyone has a spot on their boat for another fisherman I can assure you I can hold a good conversation and have gas/gear money for the trip.

Aryn

Caretaker at Kitty said there was actually some nice fish on the cleaning table last evening and a good amount of bait being marked. Maybe things will change for the better :)

I am out here right now with Jessica and Laura. The girls have their limits :)

I just lost one in the high 20's right beside the boat. Dam

But the girls fish range 15-25 pounds. Released at least 10 chinook under 12 pounds and have yet to catch a coho or pink. :)

Will post pic tonight

Make that 5 Springs on ice just had a double header while typing this. Released one of the two :)

Yes-- Grants is slow-- two undersized lings an two doggies a couple of days ago-- now THAT is slow.................

Did Jeffy give you a couple of his special-order USA squid?

I had to post that just for Jeffy as I knew he'd see it. He didn't realize that he had left them on my boat.

I stole them.... LOL :)

But what we really had fun with was the Tomic plugs and Clendon Stewarts today. No flasher really made it easy for Jessica to reel them in.

Back