Kitty Coleman 2014 Reports

First time out this year fished the hump and grants, boated eight retained one great afternoon dead calm and flat water...........j.j

Powell River side between Savory and Harwood

Don't you find the fish small and hard to come by right now at Kitty? Fishing will pick up. But right now I think it stinks.

Haven't made my way up that far - we launch from downtown Vancouver in a Double Eagle 17.5'

I was having success at the Hump 5,4, and 3 weeks ago.. took a couple of weeks off and didn't find anything going on there this Wednesday.. no birds, no boats, no seals, no fish on the sounder..

Any idea how long of a run it is from Van to Grants?

Haven't made my way up that far - we launch from downtown Vancouver in a Double Eagle 17.5'

I was having success at the Hump 5,4, and 3 weeks ago.. took a couple of weeks off and didn't find anything going on there this Wednesday.. no birds, no boats, no seals, no fish on the sounder..

Any idea how long of a run it is from Van to Grants?

About the same distance/time to run from Van to hump at kitty!:confused::rolleyes:

Was out today lots of short bites early on. Managed 3 keepers and a couple rock fish.lots of fun pulling up the p. Cod. Great day out on the water!

Went out last night around 7:00 til almost dark. About a dozen boats out. Didn't see any nets out. We got 4 undersized to the boat, let go with tender loving care so they'll seek me out again some day. One popped the pin and was off. I think it was 28 and a half pounds. ;) Another boat reported a 10 and a 20. Was a beautiful night. Just wanted to stay there forever.

Battled the wind and CHOP with 4 other boats for close to 7 hours yesterday. Ended up boxing one keeper spring . released a few un-clipped Coho and undersized springs.All in All very slow and a little tough conditions with big tide and wind we still had a good day.

Better days ahead I am sure.

Fished Kitty Coleman today. Started in a flash with a fish on before I could get my second rod rigged. It died just a quick. A few boats out there but I didn't see much action. Headed back to Lazo bouy and picked up 3 fish but no keepers. I did see a pod of Killer Whales headed north. But it was a beautiful day on the water.

Fished for a couple hours this morning and managed an 18 and a 10 lb. Both on green coyote spoons at 180' in 300' of water. Tremendous amount of bait showing and a lot of undersize springs. We then zipped over to CR green can and my buddy scratched up a 30 lb on a plug at 130'.

Was the second boat at Kitty on Sunday morning. One 25lbs in the boat at about 8am and the bite was on for the next couple hours. Lost another big spring without even seeing it and then boated several borderline legal springs that were released and two unmarked cohos. Busy couple of hours and then it kinda died for us. Spring had HUGE head and the meat was white. Spring on 602 Tomic and most of the action was on a green/blue hoochie or a white glow hoochie. When we landed the 25lb'er it landed on the plug in the boat and the plug smashed in half. Was a little upset since that plug has seen little action but has been very productive this year.

Back