O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Ya.....just be forewarned it WILL be a sh*tshow in front of there tomorrow. Sox in the chuck can be busy.....but the mouth of that river on a Sat/Sun in September is what I envision sox fishing to be like up river. ;)

Started out in Sooke, well practices in the cluster f*ck troll.

I appreciate the heads up.

Fished the south arm today.......first boat out and wrapped up at about 12:30 went 3 for 4 not our best day on the water catch wise, but another guy at the launch got skunked, and he limited out sat by 10 am. A bit hit and miss, but they are there and still jumpin.

Pippen and newcomer Brio(welcome aboard! took ya long enough;)), you guys said you only wanted my fish for a photo op can I have it back now Please;)
Outaline will be out on the weekend, feel free to follow me around again Scotty:p
Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard fishing south arm today. Went 2 for 3. One was a red tomatoes so it was released. Not much fish jumping and fish marking on the sounder. Covered a lot of ground to find fish. Commies have mopped up south arm pretty good.

Went for my first solo fish last Saturday and got a double header off the North Arm. First fish was 18-20lbs Marble Spring and the second one was a wild coho which I released. Spring at 30ft and coho at 40ft. Both on anchovies with glow green teaser heads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Put a few soxs (4) in the boat this morning found them deep around 110, hate those NW winds.
Try one more time toMorrow for a few more canners.

3 teenage springs this morning, all withing 2 hours of sunrise.

The faucet turned off after the tide change.

Tight lines.

3 teenage springs this morning, all withing 2 hours of sunrise.

The faucet turned off after the tide change.

Tight lines.

Where did you find them? It was a slow early a.m. at the Cap but I was fortunate to box one that was +/- 18 lbs.

Where did you find them? It was a slow early a.m. at the Cap but I was fortunate to box one that was +/- 18 lbs.

We were at the Cap from very first light until around 2 pm.

3 guys in a white double eagle with no top.

I didn't see a lot of nets out, but when we hit our third fish when the tide started to flood, it seemed that every boat around us had a fish on, so we must have hit a school.

Fished the south arm for a few hours. Broke off one spring. No other hits.

The party's over!:(
Sandheads today from 8 till noon and just the one sockeye. Man there was still a lot of boats out there hoping the seiners hadn't got them all but they did. Handful of fish jumping here and there and the odd one being caught but not worth the effort. Plenty still jumping in the river. Perhaps some springs or coho will move in within the next week. Decided to take the boat out so as to have the option to trailer over to Ambleside during this week if we get a break in weather. Had it moored at Captains Cove just for a month and what layer of algae on the leg!

The party's over!:(
Sandheads today from 8 till noon and just the one sockeye. Man there was still a lot of boats out there hoping the seiners hadn't got them all but they did. Handful of fish jumping here and there and the odd one being caught but not worth the effort. Plenty still jumping in the river. Perhaps some springs or coho will move in within the next week. Decided to take the boat out so as to have the option to trailer over to Ambleside during this week if we get a break in weather. Had it moored at Captains Cove just for a month and what layer of algae on the leg!

Yup, tried yesterday and today to no avail. Was a great Sockeyes season! The commie trollers are still pulling them in towards Tsw though.

I talked to a commercial fisherman friend at the giants game last night, he says there are still up to 5 mil sockeye in the gulf, he's a gillnetter and they are done but the seines with quota left are fishing thru monday, i doubt many have quota left. I looked back in my records to the late 80's and early 90's and there were a couple of years we managed to get sockeye into the 1st week of oct. may not be quite done yet

Did they ever wipe it out wow ! , went for one last cast at the sox this morning at T10 because they were so much fun :D...... but not a sniff ! 2 jumpers and one that almost head butted the side of my aluminum ;) , switched gear for coho and spring , no luck yet ... well time for hunting for coho's and springs :D , Thanks to all for posting sockeye reports sure helped a lot !! Cheers !

Back