O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Friday fish

u7a2yduz.jpg

Sundays fish

byruja3e.jpg

And the orca's
umy8aped.jpg

Another 16 fish day. Great fishing, not sure why so many are struggling???
vega9a7a.jpg
done in 5 hrs today with less than 50% landing ratio

Another 16 fish day. Great fishing, not sure why so many are struggling???
vega9a7a.jpg
done in 5 hrs today with less than 50% landing ratio

Maybe you could share some info?

We switched up spots, direction, depth, gear and couldn't find anything today. Little pinks squirts, little pink/clear squirts, a chartruese squirt, etc. Dummy flashers...the whole routine. What were you using???

I don't use dummy flashers, I think it distracts the fish to much and have had better luck just fishing 4 rods but fish them tight together. 2 on each rigger and fish them close to the ball. I troll faster than a lot of people, it gives your flashers more flash.Keep your gear down unless it has a fish. It's all about efficiency. Same gear, pink mini squirts. Depth can very every day and by the minute. Schools run at different depths. Watch your electronics for an idea of where to fish. I fish by my electronics and believe in them... Good luck! They are there, just got to entice them to bite.

Maybe you could share some info?

We switched up spots, direction, depth, gear and couldn't find anything today. Little pinks squirts, little pink/clear squirts, a chartruese squirt, etc. Dummy flashers...the whole routine. What were you using???

I'm heading out tomorrow. Were you closer to the north or south arm?

I don't use dummy flashers, I think it distracts the fish to much and have had better luck just fishing 4 rods but fish them tight together. 2 on each rigger and fish them close to the ball. I troll faster than a lot of people, it gives your flashers more flash.Keep your gear down unless it has a fish. It's all about efficiency. Same gear, pink mini squirts. Depth can very every day and by the minute. Schools run at different depths. Watch your electronics for an idea of where to fish. I fish by my electronics and believe in them... Good luck! They are there, just got to entice them to bite.
Nice work Green1. Decent of you to share your knowledge.

I planed to take a shot at the Socks this morning aswell but the fishing god wasn't on my side. Got to the boat around 6:00am and fired up the engine and headed out of the marina, go to turn my sounder on but won't turn on, try the radio it's dead too. Go to the back of the boat and my ACR is blinking indicating my house battery voltage is low. try running up the river but can't charge the battery so we pack it in and head home. I pull the house battery and test it when I get home, its completely shot, won't hold a charge. Battery is exactly 2 weeks over the warranty period. Now I need a new deep cycle battery, anybody have a recommendation? I think I read awhile ago some of you like the Costco battery's, still true?

Out fishing early this morning started at the north arm and trolled towards T10 ,15min in we had a double header , then the troll between the North arm to T10 was quite but soon as we were around T10 it started to light up , bonked 4 lost 6 all in all great day on the water except for the lumpy water . All the same tactics as on this forum Cheers !

we were bobbing out in the crazy currents all day. saw a few other boats hook up. WTF? then we had 10 mins of action. 2 sox in the boat and 1 lost after 4 hrs of trolling around T10. Tough out there.

Thanks for the thoughts green1. Darn hard to get any hook ups here in the Gulf Islands and the Sockeye are few and far between. I'm up for trying anything!

Thought this was fishing report thread?

Ok. Was out this afternoon at the south arm. Tough slugging for us. Just one landed and saw few nets in the water of the 30-40 boats. How did others do today?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 445
Last edited by a moderator:
Thought this was fishing report thread?[/QUOTE
Yeah it is and guys ask all sorts of things about boat launches and tides and winds, what to use, speed... All part of the game.
And when we have ****** days we post as well...

Fished north arm this evening 3 hrs 530-830 lost 1 soc at the boat and that was it.
Saw a few nets out but pretty slow .
I am sure the full moon has something to do with it.
Try Wednesday again....
Marked fish but nothing crazy

Was out for about 2 1/2 hours around the mouth of the North Arm Fraser with a friend tonight. Hooked onto a jumpy sockeye and lost it by the boat. That was it for action but a super calm evening.

Haven't had a chance to post since yesterday morning from my phone. Was at south arm and the t10 marker all day yesterday, 7 hours I think. We were in a 22' whaler outrage (no tee top) with a verado. Bite picked up at 12 and lasted until fish. Was out there with an old buddy from high school. We managed 7, should have had 8 but he's a little rusty on his netting skills and lost what looked to be our biggest right at the boat. Stuck around until 4:30 trying to hunt down an 8th but it went dead. Nonetheless a great day out there. Really hard to net them, the murk in the water keeps them hidden until the last second. Anyone else have the same difficulties? It was my first time fishing in the murk of the fraser. I usually head up island or up the sunshine coast a bit. Managed 5 pinks and 2 coho last monday in campbell river off the green can.

and last week's catch,

Back