O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Ya maybee he can teach me how to catch a p-cod lol.

Whimp.....10-15 is diddly. :p It may affect the BBQ but sitting on solid ground is worse.

Yeah, well only People who wear pink are wimps! Yep, had to take that one lying down Tim, I was out cold because unlike the pseudo yuppy who wears a pink shirt I have a real job...

BTW, weather report right now...FUGLY is right now...definitely not calm...white caps at the entrance to False creek means 3-4 feet at the hump mist likely. Perhaps Pseudo Yuppy can chime in with a live report from the hump right now at 6:30 am?

Ouch......that hurt.

I don't know what part hurts more.

Awww...sorry Pips...woulda thought that could not have hurt....after the drumming everyone else gives you!

Just had a report from South Bowen...Not bad. NW breeze is enough to wake you up...and the Harbour is the roughest area for some reason. Low odd white cap off South Bowen.

Nobody else is at the hump except me, waves 3-4 ft just getting in to tunstall area

Prawning around Bowen today and pulled this up. Any ideas?
usybeqar.jpg
etatunyr.jpg

hi terrin
it's a tanner crab. google it. I have caught quite a few of these in the gulf islands while prawning. they are good eating. enjoy
tony

Launched at noon set crab traps and headed to the Hump. Dropped lines around 1pm and had a pin popper 30 min in but lost it. Set the gear back down turned around and hit this beauty.

3eqa9edy.jpg

Another 25" a bit later and a few crab to round out the day.

mydyre5a.jpg

Good luck everyone this weekend and tight lines!

We had three hits at the hump. One didn't stick. One broken leader, I must have missed a knot or knick. One we had at the boat about 15 lb. or so and buddy let it get around to the other side and wrapped the rigger. Oh well,at least we got some action and a few legal crabs. Not to mention the boats in now. All in all after the morning it was pretty nice out there.

I was out today and decided to go across to gabriola area. on the way we spotted two larger dolphins about 5 miles out. They were larger than the harbor porpoise thats for sure, looked black or dark blue in color with a solid white dorsal fin. they had the body shape similar to a beluga, lumpy, not streamlined, but obv. much smaller. Does anyone know what species it was? They were heading in the direction of the hump @ approx 11 am. One pair is what we saw.

I was out today and decided to go across to gabriola area. on the way we spotted two larger dolphins about 5 miles out. They were larger than the harbor porpoise thats for sure, looked black or dark blue in color with a solid white dorsal fin. they had the body shape similar to a beluga, lumpy, not streamlined, but obv. much smaller. Does anyone know what species it was? They were heading in the direction of the hump @ approx 11 am. One pair is what we saw.

Dall's Porpoise maybe?

Great day at the Hump yesterday. Saw a few nets out. We caught this beauty at 100 feet with an Anchovy in a UV Clear medium Jughead Shaker. Went very well with the prawns and crab. Good livin!UV Clear Jughead Shaker.jpg

We managed 3 at the hump......all within an hour around 2-3 PM. All in that 13-18 range....one real fat torpedo that was a white. Other 2 were red and one marble.

Crab traps......loaded....wow. What a day out there....water was flat by late morning.

Oh.....all fish on small 3.0 spoons, one on cop car two on green white glo, 5.5' leaders.....behind the greatest flasher ever, the Boogie Man and one on a chartreuse glo flasher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might have to poke my nose out there Sunday afternoon and see if it's fishable.With all the crap in the water I was running into some line twist issues, might have to try some tees in front of the swivels. Still haven't found my crab trap honey hole. We got 5 keepers out of 4 traps and that was one of our better days.

We managed 3 at the hump......all within an hour around 2-3 PM. All in that 13-18 range....one real fat torpedo that was a white. Other 2 were red and one marble.

Crab traps......loaded....wow. What a day out there....water was flat by late morning.

Oh.....all fish on small 3.0 spoons, one on cop car two on green white glo, 5.5' leaders.....behind the greatest flasher ever, the Boogie Man and one on a chartreuse glo flasher.

Nice job Scotty!
Bout time you posted a decent report haha
Didn't see any pink gear mentioned in that report?
Were you on the 33 I tried to troll past but you kept evading me, I had a banana I was gonna toss on your bow when you weren't looking
We managed 1 small 28" soon after we got there but that was it
Tim

Nice job Scotty!
Bout time you posted a decent report haha
Didn't see any pink gear mentioned in that report?
Were you on the 33 I tried to troll past but you kept evading me, I had a banana I was gonna toss on your bow when you weren't looking
We managed 1 small 28" soon after we got there but that was it
Tim

Haha....pink hat and glasses were on! Yup....that would have been us! Should have buzzed....the cheese smokies were delightful!

Should have also mentioned.....very south end of the hump....88' and 98' on the rigger. Tried everything in depths from 230 up to 70....when we got on them we were down 90ish feet.

Back