Jughead new!

image.jpgill be sure to send my two bucks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 671
Last edited by a moderator:
image.jpgno instructions this was my best guess it didn't work in front of a hot tub jet my hand kept deflecting the water and there wasn't enough leader to make it work if it works?

No More Jugs! :(
As of today, I am no longer taking orders thru SFBC.

I agree. It's about time for this! Every time I see there is an update to this thread I check it thinking there is some useful or interesting info, only to find out you have emptied your inbox or someone had pm'd you. Why not just sell your stuff through your site like everyone else who sells fishing gear?

image.jpgimage.jpgthese were what it came with that red pin I think shoves into what can only be called the worms vagina or maybe it supposed to go on the top.

Interesting. I wonder if its Robinson from Robinsons sporting goods, I think there a local family. Looks like we had a 604 area code at one time too neat.

I picked up a casting jig from cabelas this week that has a similar tail. Ive never seen one like this rigged up. Needle fish idea. def could make your own. Made with rubber tubing. Came in pink green and white. Maybe a piece of lead line with a jughead on it. Photo on 1-18-2014 at 3.01 PM.jpg

Interesting. I wonder if its Robinson from Robinsons sporting goods, I think there a local family. Looks like we had a 604 area code at one time too neat.

I picked up a casting jig from cabelas this week that has a similar tail. Ive never seen one like this rigged up. Needle fish idea. def could make your own. Made with rubber tubing. Came in pink green and white. Maybe a piece of lead line with a jughead on it. View attachment 10156
maybe I was supposed to shove the hook in the worm like this one but I thought it would pull through and split the worm think ill just wait for my jugheads. The yellow color of the worm doesn't appeal to me

No More Jugs! :(
As of today, I am no longer taking orders thru SFBC.

I agree. It's about time for this! Every time I see there is an update to this thread I check it thinking there is some useful or interesting info, only to find out you have emptied your inbox or someone had pm'd you. Why not just sell your stuff through your site like everyone else who sells fishing gear?

Zachary! That's what I'm trying to do bud.
I received a few emails and pm's agreeing with me but also saying that they'd like to see me keep custom Jugs available. So, in trying to "get along" with everyone, can't keep everyone happy, my last post stated my intentions for this thread. I can't help that it turned into a marketplace, but it's over as I respectfully won't solicit sales on the thread. And that will be the end of it, thank you all.

This head shaking action of lures has been around for some time now. It may have been slightly overlooked once we all got comfy with perfecting that perfect roll to our bait. And damn it works good once you've got that roll dialed in. Its difficult to venture out of that comfort zone when you know what works for you and another new idea is just that ...just another new idea.

Roofus' little gadget here is another example with the shake n' shimmy wiggle. It's been there for a while, just slightly overlooked. Love seeing this stuff. Needlefish are my fave. Difficult to imitate too.
I tried a different way to drag worms as Needlefish. I posted it in the new MacGyver Lure thread. I call it the Pen Cap Needlefish. Pretty neat little unit.

A pkg of Yums and a Dollar Store pkg of pens.

MacGyver.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
FW.. I have a question regarding the anchovie setup ... does the hook flow freely below the belly or do you attach it to the anchovie.

I appreciate your openness to share your knowledge.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

FW.. I have a question regarding the anchovie setup ... does the hook flow freely below the belly or do you attach it to the anchovie.

I appreciate your openness to share your knowledge.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Hey goitzy, Yes, let the hook hang freely like a plug. If you stick your hook in the bait it will impede the action and it will have a tendency to "helicopter".

Got my new Canucks Jughead and he means business...
ge7ypunu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey FW,
Got your care package.I'm impressed to say the least. That was more than I expected.
You are a man of your word and that goes a long way these days.
I'll post any results when I get a chance to try them out. Good luck down the road.
Thanks

I picked up a casting jig from cabelas this week that has a similar tail. Ive never seen one like this rigged up. Needle fish idea. def could make your own. Made with rubber tubing. Came in pink green and white. Maybe a piece of lead line with a jughead on it. View attachment 10156

Fishstalker, those types of lures are used a lot in U.K, for Pollack, Coalfish and Mackeral. They are called "rubber eels" there. I have some in my tackle box as we speak. They are meant to imitate sand eels (sand lance) which are common in North Atlantic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sand_lance

The one that Roofus has posted seems to be a west Coast adaptation of another type of rubber eel I also have in my tackle box, since is has the "swimming tail". The adaptation is the vane in front, which my UK versions do not have.

I keep meaning to try my "rubber eels" behind a dodger, which should make it move side around as well as "swim". Now I think I will!!

No pictures-just putting this in so guys might think outside the box-Slow morning in Baja-presunrise-towing 3 weighted hootchies as per normal-slooow-couple of Skipjacks-once the sun is up you usually switch to X-rap plugs or bally-hoo. I had an Idea!!! and rigged 2 jugheads as they show on the package with a herring-I used an octopus tentacle-won't beat this death but got 2 nice Dorado to 20ibs. The action looks good-doubt a ling cod could leave it alone. Going to test it some more. So that was a plain juggie-6ft leader,octopus or big squid tentacle and 3 oz. banana weight Don't know about salmon but may be a killer on lings and hali's-just a thought!!!

Back