ECVI Nanoose, French Creek Report

Really...live bait???

Yeah, Secret Cove Marina is the last place on the coast to still carry it. $5 a doz!... There was some chat a while back about how to hook the without barbs on the hooks (small piece of rubber band over the tip of the hook). Would be great to try with all of the fish around... Doggies and everything else like 'em too though..

Thats still a bargin with the cost of chovies in my opinion...nothing beats mooching a live herring in the right place at the right time ...imho

Went out around 5 pm tonight to see what was happening at Gerald. It was slower than it has been lately but still a few bait balls around. The other day I started fishing my second rod with a plug as it was just too busy for one person with two rods catching all the time. That slowed things down. tonight I used a plug again at 150 ft and my favorite wonderbread spoon at 160. Had a double header and kept a 10lber and lost what ever was on the plug. Had a couple more shakers and came home. Still a great evening.

Yeah, Secret Cove Marina is the last place on the coast to still carry it. $5 a doz!... There was some chat a while back about how to hook the without barbs on the hooks (small piece of rubber band over the tip of the hook). Would be great to try with all of the fish around... Doggies and everything else like 'em too though..

I would love to give it a go but never fish out of secret cove. The way the fish are holding on bait and structure right now it would definitely be an effective method.

Went out tonight for 2 hours of fishing from 6:30-8:30. Had a couple shakers. One solid strike that got off. Hit a kitchen sink 3.5 with a 4 foot leader green silver flasher as I was bringing it up from 150 down. Probably hit it at 100 as I was bringing it in quickly. Felt like a spring but that type of action reminds me of a coho.

At any rate, it seems to have slowed a little at the Winchelsea's. Might have to try Gerald or Sangster.

Fished Winchelsea this morning tell 1:00 .... a little nasty this morning but had to go in as it flattened out...& could only fish the following sea..one fish 15lbs ..splatter back 160ft... yes a little slower today... :)

Fished Winchelsea this morning tell 1:00 .... a little nasty this morning but had to go in as it flattened out...& could only fish the following sea..one fish 15lbs ..splatter back 160ft... yes a little slower today... :)

I'll be lurking around over there on your side of the world Saturday, Are you coming out to play or what?

In Barkley tomorrow afternoon, running another Boat for the evening.. Thinking Sat. afternoon for my boat on this side... I'll call U tomorrow and let U know what's up on the inside.... :)

Fished Winchelsea this morning tell 1:00 .... a little nasty this morning but had to go in as it flattened out...& could only fish the following sea..one fish 15lbs ..splatter back 160ft... yes a little slower today... :)[/QUOTE
I'll be lurking around over there Saturday, Are you coming out to play or what?

Went out yesterday to Ballenas fished 175 on the rigger. Landed a 19lb red spring on green glow flasher and green and white hootchie with 48" leader. Lots of shakers out there released over 10 yesterday. We headed back over for the evening tide and was slow. Started marking lots of bait and at 45' i pulled a side up just to see. We started catching coho had about 6 but they were all wild.

A quick fish yesterday for the flip of the tide... 17lb spring ..lost another good one and a 1/2 dozen cohoes... :)

Out for the evening bite, north side of Gerald and west side of Douglas,pretty quite, one small spring at 200' another at 140', lots of boats out. Hope someone got into them!

Out off F.C. today.......12:30 pm until 7:30 pm......

Slow day for us......

1 Dogfish
I Hake
2 Chinook....both undersize
1 Wild Coho

Looked like some kind of "red tide" all over the place in big patches......

Creel guy said Sangster was good and also a guy jigged a 27lbèr at Gerald......

There were SOME fish being caught at F.C.......but not by us....:(

fished off gerald for the first time today for about 2 and a half hours,released 10 undersized chinook and lost the biggest fish Ive ever had pulling off line,bummed out but gonna go and try again soon

Fished off sangster. 9 until 3. 20 fish to the boat. No legal springs but limit of coho. Irish cream spoon mostly 80ish ft. Set 6 prawn traps edge of lasquite but only 6 prawns. Water was flat all day.

Cant belive there are no fish reports out of french creek lately on any threads.
The fishing has been awsome just outside of the marina. Tonnes of cohos.
Ive heard some people are getting nice chinooks out there too.
I fished today 4-8. Nothing but wild ho's. had a couple nice hits. That is all
i saw several boats with the nets out.

went out about 3 this afternoon, brand new leg on the boat that has to be broken in, so one line at 80 feet and the other at 160, the t-rex at 80 feet was on fire, coho's, 1 pink and springs would not leave it alone.

Cant belive there are no fish reports out of french creek lately on any threads.
The fishing has been awsome just outside of the marina. Tonnes of cohos.
Ive heard some people are getting nice chinooks out there too.
I fished today 4-8. Nothing but wild ho's. had a couple nice hits. That is all
i saw several boats with the nets out.
Oh thats where you were heading. Past you well you were at Superstore. We headed north.

These guys are being every quite as I know that their cleaning tables have been very busy.... Did you try Sangster?

I havnt tried sangster yet. Im new to the fishing grounds. Maybe today if the water is calm and no springs at fc. Btw. I was using spoons at 80 ft.

Back