2013 Bamfield Tuna Shootout

And also enormous thanks to Kelly and Bobber Jon. The best business partners you could ever ask for! They are working hard to make this thing go down.

Band? Wrap up? What are the requirements to attend that?

You should have a projector at the wrap up and collect everyones photos and run the photos all night on the wall. Just a suggestion.

Band? Wrap up? What are the requirements to attend that?

You should have a projector at the wrap up and collect everyones photos and run the photos all night on the wall. Just a suggestion.

We will be putting together a video of the whole event and the exciting features of the fishery. Shots from the air, underwater, boats, party etc! If should be epic.

Wondering what our options are coming from Port Hardy with our boat for the Shootout. Should be drive to Alberni and launch and run out or Ukee and run across? Will have to leave the truck and trailer, which is safer? Which is more economical fuel wise running the boat?

I'm sure there will be more questions but we will start with these.

Cheers,

Wondering what our options are coming from Port Hardy with our boat for the Shootout. Should be drive to Alberni and launch and run out or Ukee and run across? Will have to leave the truck and trailer, which is safer? Which is more economical fuel wise running the boat?

Cheers,

I'd be launching from Port and coming out. My understanding is that there is now safe storage of vehicles and trailers available... have been no problems since March from what I've heard. Definitely more economical and it's safe from either direction... Main difference is as you'd be launching in Ucy you'd be arriving here had you gone from PA.

Either one will work an both are beauty runs!

Cheers,

I like to launch and park truck and trailer at china creek, its 8 or so Kilometres up the road to Bamfield from Port Alberni, then run up the inlet and straight to Bamfield. Works for me.

Ya Birdsnest, band and wrap up dinner/awards on the 28th.

Participation in even has you through the door, any extras will just have to kick up a ticket fee for that night... tbd...

So many details... Profisher you my hero!

I like to launch and park truck and trailer at china creek, its 8 or so Kilometres up the road to Bamfield from Port Alberni, then run up the inlet and straight to Bamfield. Works for me.

This is a very good option as well. Large ramp with no river current and a few less miles of travel. Main benefit to river is the clean up on the way out but... not to tough to do at the car wash either.

Todd - did you order your ticket yet?

This is a very good option as well. Large ramp with no river current and a few less miles of travel. Main benefit to river is the clean up on the way out but... not to tough to do at the car wash either.

Todd - did you order your ticket yet?

Todd and my buddy Steve are crewing my rig:cool:. I talked to Kelly and sent the cheque off today Jeff:). This thing is ramping up to be so epic it's not funny :eek:!!! I will be talking to you soon about helping out any way I can. Thanks Jeff and everyone else involved with this.

Got word to the almighty Osama...just arranging payment to lock us in for this Epic event. Not sure on our scheduling but you can count on a blood bath of an effort from our crew once again. See ya at the Canyons!

Thanks for the launching options, sounds like China Creek may be a good way to go. Will try and hook up with someone else maybe heading out that way that day. What are our fuel options once out there? Boat packs about 200 gals, but you never know.

Cheers,

Thanks for the launching options, sounds like China Creek may be a good way to go. Will try and hook up with someone else maybe heading out that way that day. What are our fuel options once out there? Boat packs about 200 gals, but you never know.

Cheers,

McKay Bay Lodge for fuel. They are one of the sponsors of the event and great people.

How big is the tank at McKay?? with 50 boats fuelling up for 8 days of Tuna runs, I hope she's topped up for the event lol

Cheers,

It's real easy the trip out there, can be windy and a bit choppy in the inlet in the afternoon, that's normal and watch for logs. Follow your GPS out the inlet then straight to Bamfield. I do it in my 17 ft lifetimer center console, if your going for tuna you boat is bigger than that, piece of cake.

Great, glad there is an option. Might throw a few extra jerry cans onboard just in case. I guess water temps and how far away there are will dictate fuel, lets hope they are nice and close. This things sounds like it is going to be a real blast. Really looking forward to putting some faces to names.

How big is the tank at McKay?? with 50 boats fuelling up for 8 days of Tuna runs, I hope she's topped up for the event lol

I was wondering the same thing. I hope Brian has her topped up before and during the event (if needed). Jeff called him last year and told him I was coming in late and he met me down there after hours. Pretty cool stuff. I tipped him because of the inconvenience and had a little bs with him. Good people. Both him and Jeff:).

Brian ran out of diesel last year. He brought in a load for the second weekend though. Fueled me up at 10 pm on a Friday night.

Back