UPS sucks

wildthing

not a happy camper UPS
has taken over 25 days to get a parcel from Burnaby to Gibsons
i could crawl faster
not recommended
thought Canada post was slow

Yeah if you think that's bad, ever bought something from the USA that was shipped UPS ?

Mother%&(#@ !!! brokerage fees are NUTS !

Having to pay taxes/duty is understandable but these jokers ripped me off many times.
Last time I had bought something for $45 and they wanted $35 when it came to my door !!!
Never again, I won't buy anything sent by UPS...ever !

Yeah if you think that's bad, ever bought something from the USA that was shipped UPS ?

Having to pay taxes/duty is understandable but these jokers ripped me off many times.
Last time I had bought something for $45 and they wanted $35 when it came to my door !!!

Never ever ever have anything shipped from the US with ANY courier. Always ask the seller if they will ship via USPS. If they won't, here is a possible solution for you..............http://myshiphappens.com/locations.html. Very simple to open an account........just send them an e-mail and they will send you your personal number for your packages. You just use your name and number with their street address.
These guys are awesome!! Even being on the Island, I use them all the time. I just plan on when I'm going to make a trip over and order what I want accordingly ahead of time. They will hold a package for you for 60 days and in most cases, they only charge $5.00. I think it is $16 for a pallet size item. I had my Fabtech lift kit sent there.....it weighed 385lbs, no problems at all. A lot of times, sellers will offer free shipping within the lower 48, so it is a good option to have. You're still going to have to pay HST at the border, IF you declare everything you have ;)

Yup.....I always call the company directly and ask if they will ship USPS.

Yup, I agree with Summer Steel, just used Ship Happens here in the Interior and it was a breeze, cheap too. Just make sure you have copy of the receipt at both borders.

well did not know the guy i bought something off CL
was going to send UPS
so yeah up creek without a paddle
and it only came up from WA
funny thing was it was here on the 3 of the month and sat around back and forth from Richmond to Burnaby
and have yet to still get it.
UPS says it will got on the case come monday??????WTF

I always get stuff sent in the mail from the USA. If a company will not do it I do not buy it.

The brokerage fees that UPS charge Canadians for foreign shipments are a complete and utter ripoff. I forgot to specify that I wanted my Powerwinch parts shipped US Postal service from Colorado, so of course a UPS truck shows up a week later. An $80 part was charged $29 "brokerage fees" by UPS. A$$holes!! I googled the issue, and came up with a link to a process for customs clearing a UPS or other courier shipments yourself. I also phoned the Canada Border Services Agency to confirm the accuracy of the article. The woman that I spoke with says it is correct. Here you go:

http://trueler.com/2010/09/13/ups-brokerage-fees-total-scam-fraud-cheating-avoid-it/

X46!!! UPS sucks!!!

X46!!! UPS sucks!!!

Never never use ups FedEx DHL or anything like it for anything cross border either way. I got into a yelling match cause they wanted to give me an account as I was shipping tons of packages a month when I was selling collectibles online. I said no your a rip off and he instisted they were not. So long story short $30 to ship from Seattle to Burnaby and the same package from Seattle to the most sothern tip of Miami $7 he insisted it would be cheaper to vancouver as its less then a quarter of the distance. I told him I would bet anything he was wrong. This was a ups account manager. In the end he himself wash shocked intold him to go #^*}* himslef and hung up.its even worst shipping into Canada. There excuse was the border wich is ********. Just a money grab.

The brokerage fees that UPS charge Canadians for foreign shipments are a complete and utter ripoff. I forgot to specify that I wanted my Powerwinch parts shipped US Postal service from Colorado, so of course a UPS truck shows up a week later. An $80 part was charged $29 "brokerage fees" by UPS. A$$holes!! I googled the issue, and came up with a link to a process for customs clearing a UPS or other courier shipments yourself. I also phoned the Canada Border Services Agency to confirm the accuracy of the article. The woman that I spoke with says it is correct. Here you go:

http://trueler.com/2010/09/13/ups-brokerage-fees-total-scam-fraud-cheating-avoid-it/

Great link!

We all owe you one for that-Thanks!

So did DHL, they were totall useless. Only thing they were good at was losing shipments.

Back